The Illinois Commerce Commission has approved a $2.3 million refund for Peoples Gas customers.
A federal appeals court is backing Gov. Pat Quinn’s move to deny pay raises to thousands of union workers.
The Illinois Supreme Court has ordered an appeals court panel to reconsider whether some hearsay evidence should be allowed in Drew Peterson’s murder trial.
A panel of the Illinois Appellate court has overturned the convictions of the owners of the E2 nightclub where 21 people were killed in a stampede to the exit in 2003 after a security guard used pepper spray in the crowded club.
The NFL has won another round in the court fight with its players.
Attorneys for former Gov. George Ryan are taking their case directly to the White House, after a federal appeals panel refused to let Ryan out of prison to spend time with his dying wife.
Internet radio host Hal Turner was sentenced to 2 3/4 years in prison in Brooklyn today for threatening three Chicago judges.
A federal appeals court on Friday reversed two of former media mogul Conrad Black’s 2007 fraud convictions — raising at least the possibility he won’t return to prison.
- The List: Chicago Schools To Be ClosedThe Chicago School Board voted to close 49 underutilized or underperforming elementary schools on Wednesday as part of a plan to close a $1 billion budget deficit.492
- Board Votes To Close 49 Chicago Elementary SchoolsThe Chicago Board of Education on Wednesday voted to close 49 elementary schools, in what is believed to be the biggest single mass shutdown of schools in U.S. history.4834
- Lockdown Lifted At Morton West High SchoolMorton West High School has been placed on lock down for precautionary reasons after an unknown individual entered the building.558
- Former Glenbard East Student Accused Of Planning Columbine-Type AttackA 19-year-old former student at Glenbard East High School in Lombard was in custody on Wednesday, accused of planning a "Columbine-style" attack on the school, with a list of people he wanted to target.561
- Woman Robs North Side BankA woman robbed a Lakeview bank Tuesday afternoon on the city’s North Side.262
- Four Schools To Be Spared From Closing; Another To Be DelayedHours before a final vote by the Chicago Board of Education, Chicago Public Schools officials have agreed to back off of plans to close four of the 53 elementary schools targeted for closing at the end of the school year, Board Vice President Jesse Ruiz confirmed Wednesday morning.415
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!