Marco Estrada allowed two hits in six solid innings to win for the first time in almost a year, leading the Milwaukee Brewers over the Chicago Cubs 5-2 Tuesday night.
Pinch-hitter Eduardo Escobar lined an RBI single in the 10th inning and the Chicago White made it an adventuresome afternoon, beating the Milwaukee Brewers 1-0 Sunday.
For the first time in more than a year, the Chicago Cubs finally won a game in Milwaukee.
Shaun Marcum pitched seven strong innings and Edwin Maysonet hit his first career grand slam Saturday to lead the Milwaukee Brewers to a 8-2 win over the Chicago Cubs.
When Aramis Ramirez came back to Chicago for the first time since leaving for the Milwaukee Brewers and a 3-year, $36 million contract, I expected him to receive a warm welcome from Cubs fans.
Cubs short stop Starlin Castro entered Monday’s game against the Brewers having reached base in each of the last 43-game he’d played. Making it 44 could have given the Cubs their first ninth-inning rally of the year.
While there isn’t much hope for a World Series on either side of Chicago, one baseball expert thinks one side might be a little more exciting than the other.
The Milwaukee Brewers have agreed to terms with free agent third baseman Aramis Ramirez, his agent tells The Associated Press.
Along with the December snow that is soon to come, the sport of baseball’s hot stove season is set to kick into high gear.
The agent of third baseman Aramis Ramirez says there is no chance his client re-signs with the Cubs.
Now that the new regime of Theo Epstein, Jed Hoyer and Jason McLeod have officially taken over the halls of Wrigley Field, it’s time to get down to work.
Good to see Chicago’s Theogood hasn’t been lost on Jason McLeod. McLeod was introduced Tuesday along with Jed Hoyer, the team’s new general manager. Yet, it was Epstein who commanded the floor when questions came the trio’s way as to imminent moves to be made.
With the Cardinals taking home the World Series, effectively ending the 2011 baseball season, it is now time for teams to beginning signing their free agents and making plans for 2012.
The Chicago Cubs have exercised their side of a $16 million mutual contract option on third baseman Aramis Ramirez.
Cubs slugger and third baseman Aramis Ramirez said last month that he was “ready to move on,” but now, he is leaving the door open to return.
Castro has 12 more hits than Matt Kemp of the Los Angeles Dodgers. On Wednesday, Castro will become the youngest player ever to lead the NL in hits in a season, at 21 years, 188 days. He’ll also become the third Cubs player in seven seasons to lead the NL in hits, joining Juan Pierre (2006) and Derrek Lee (2005).
Cubs third baseman Aramis Ramirez left Tuesday’s game with a quad strain and it appears he has played his last game on the North Side.
By Matt Abbatacola- CHICAGO (WSCR) – Aramis Ramirez left Tuesday night’s game in the sixth inning with a mile right quad strain. The Cubs’ third baseman hit a grounder to shortstop, Yuniesky Betancourt, and was […]
Brett Myers benefited from a reversed homer call to beat the Chicago Cubs again and Clint Barmes had a two-run single to help the Houston Astros to a 3-2 victory Sunday.
Rodrigo Lopez and the Chicago Cubs handed Houston its record 100th loss Saturday, shutting down the Astros 2-1.
- Students Disciplined For ‘Sexting’ Incident At Evanston Township HighIn a letter to parents dated Thursday, District 202 Supt. Eric Witherspoon wrote that girls sent inappropriate photos to members of the varsity baseball team.265
- Cops Crack Down On Retailers Who Sell Stolen GoodsA new law in Illinois is allowing police and retailers to work together to crack down on organized retail theft. CBS 2's Mike Puccinelli reports.117
- Jury Sides With Donald Trump In Condo Dispute With Woman, 87A federal jury has sided with developer Donald Trump -- not the 87-year-old woman who says she was cheated financially after buying two condominiums at his Trump Tower project.1056
- VIDEO: Guard Allegedly Pushes Dunbar Student Down StairsAn employee at a public high school in the Bronzeville neighborhood has been taken off the job after being recorded on cell phone video pushing a girl down a set of stairs.408
- Concealed Carry Bill Moves To House Floor, But Senate ObjectsA concealed-carry gun deal brokered by House Speaker Michael Madigan cleared a House committee Thursday, but its prospects were unclear across the Capitol in the Senate because of the way it would curb existing local gun laws.165
- Four Hurt In Wrong-Way Crash On Chicago SkywayA 25-year-old man has been cited for driving the wrong way on the Chicago Skyway, after a head-on crash with a pickup truck Thursday morning that sent four people to hospitals.232
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- RT @Millennium_Park: Tomorrow morning see a LIVE preview of Dinosaur Petting Zoo on CBS 2 from Millennium Park @CBS2Chicago @VinceGerasole … 7 hours ago
- RT @ChicagoDCASE: Tomorrow morning see a LIVE preview of Dinosaur Petting Zoo on CBS 2 from Millennium Park @CBS2Chicago @VinceGerasole htt… 7 hours ago