Wayne Weinke Jr. admits he called his elderly, cancer stricken mother a “f—— b—-” during a heating argument over the family’s assets. But despite the friction, Wayne Weinke remains adamant that he did not throw his mother over a railing, leading to injuries that contributed to her death seven years ago.
After 2nd graders from Riley Elementary in Arlington Heights recited facts about the history of immigration in the U.S., some 7th graders took the stage at London Middle School in Wheeling to outline their proposals before their peers and politicians.
A high-profile endorsement is drawing attention to the mayoral race in Arlington Heights.
Ready for the wearin’ of the green? Then celebrate St. Patrick’s Day at the following bars.
Step one to landing a great job? Update all online profiles.
A woman was killed and two firefighters and two police officers were injured in a blaze Thursday morning in Arlington Heights.
Imagine paying $10,000 a month for skilled nursing home care for your loved one only to have the unthinkable happen. CBS 2′s Pam Zekman reports.
A law firm that specializes in fighting for nativity scenes in public spaces is setting its sights on Arlington Heights.
The group that sets up Nativity scenes at Daley Plaza and the Illinois State Capitol has been denied permission to place a Nativity scene in a park in Arlington Heights.
Democrats in the northwest suburbs are trying to prod more voters into casting ballots early, even though there are already many in line.
A nurse’s assistant from Arlington Heights is accused of stealing more than $25,000 in jewelry from her patients.
The father of two children died Sunday after he lost control of his car on the Jane Addams Memorial Tollway near northwest suburban Arlington Heights, officials said.
A young man with hopes of getting a license to legally explode fireworks may have blown his chance this week.
A new report says many suburbs are transit-friendly – that is, hospitable for those who are not traveling with a car.
An Arlington Heights family returned home from a two-day vacation on the 4th of July to find their home burglarized and their dog lying dead in the oven — a gruesome act police now say was domestic-related.
A top doctor who recently left a suburban hospital hasn’t held a medical license in over a decade.
One person was killed Tuesday morning, and 10 others were injured, in an explosion at a manufacturing plant in Arlington Heights.
A 34-year-old maintenance man doing work near his apartment home in Palatine Township was gunned down Saturday morning.
A contract settlement has avoided a disruption of the season at the Arlington Park racetrack.
Firefighters evacuated an apartment building in unincorporated Arlington Heights Friday afternoon where a fire was found in one of the units.
- Some People You Should Know: The MelodeersIt all began when barbershop patrons started singing while waiting to get their hair cut. A century or so later, the Melodeers chorus is taking the music to a dazzling new height with 140 ladies singing in unaccompanied four-part harmony. CBS 2's Harry Porterfield reports.155
- Mother Of Student Pushed Down School Stairs ‘Enraged’ At Security GuardNew video surfaced Friday that appears to show sophomore Lauren Goodlow being pushed by a male security guard. CBS 2's Dorothy Tucker reports.329
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.220
- Two Shot Near Roosevelt CTA StationAround 11:10 a.m., a 57-year-old man and a 30-year-old man were shot in the 1100 block of South State Street.256
- Store Owner Kidnapped In Pilsen, SUV StolenPolice said the 78-year-old man was closing the store in the 1100 block of West 18th Street when a group of men threw a pillowcase over his head, hit him in the face, and forced him into his own SUV.248
- Man Found Shot To Death In Zion Supermarket Parking LotThe man found shot to death in a parking in north suburban Zion on Thursday afternoon has been identified as a Waukegan resident.152
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!