Armando Allen signed his exclusive rights tender with the Bears Thursday, meaning the third-year running back out of Notre Dame will be in the mix for the backup running back job again.
Backup running back Armando Allen will be returning to the Bears backfield for 2013, according to a report in the Chicago Tribune.
The Bears will be without backup running back Armando Allen Sunday against the Lions, but defensive tackle Henry Melton will play.
As they prepare for their season opener Sunday, the Bears have made some changes to the roster.
Running back Armando Allen and tight end Kyle Rudolph, injured during their final season with Notre Dame, got the chance Thursday to show pro scouts they’re healthy.
It is just over a year since Brian Kelly has been named the new head coach at Notre Dame and his winning reputation caught the attention of his team. After a frustrating season, he brings the Irish to the Sun Bowl with a 7-5 record.
Utah’s record might be intimidating for the struggling Irish, but Notre Dame’s chances of getting in a bowl aren’t shattered yet. If they can win two of the next three games, Notre Dame could make a bowl.
Brian Kelly’s announcement as Notre Dame’s head coach sparked a great deal of optimism among the Fighting Irish faithful. However, the season that has unfolded has been any thing but expected.
Dayne Crist injured his knee during the first quarter in Saturday’s game and was taken out of the game. He has undergone a season-ending surgery, this is the second straight year he has injured one of his knees to cut his season short.
Notre Dame had remained ahead against Tulsa throughout most of the game. A field goal in the fourth quarter set Notre Dame behind, but it wasn’t over yet. The Irish was on their final drive for the win when an interception in the end zone with 36 seconds left put a stop to their drive.
Even though Notre Dame is favored in the third match-up between the Irish and the Broncos in history, Kelly and his team aren’t walking on the field expecting an easy win. The team is familiar […]
BOSTON (AP) Brian Kelly came back home to earn his first road victory as coach at Notre Dame. Dayne Crist threw for two first-quarter touchdowns and ran for another on Saturday night to help the […]
By NANCY ARMOUR, AP National Writer SOUTH BEND, Ind. (AP) It would be easy for a running back to get lost in Brian Kelly’s explosive spread offense. The scheme made a star out of quarterback […]
- The List: Chicago Schools To Be ClosedThe Chicago School Board voted to close 49 underutilized or underperforming elementary schools on Wednesday as part of a plan to close a $1 billion budget deficit.492
- Board Votes To Close 49 Chicago Elementary SchoolsThe Chicago Board of Education on Wednesday voted to close 49 elementary schools, in what is believed to be the biggest single mass shutdown of schools in U.S. history.4834
- Lockdown Lifted At Morton West High SchoolMorton West High School has been placed on lock down for precautionary reasons after an unknown individual entered the building.558
- Former Glenbard East Student Accused Of Planning Columbine-Type AttackA 19-year-old former student at Glenbard East High School in Lombard was in custody on Wednesday, accused of planning a "Columbine-style" attack on the school, with a list of people he wanted to target.561
- Woman Robs North Side BankA woman robbed a Lakeview bank Tuesday afternoon on the city’s North Side.262
- Four Schools To Be Spared From Closing; Another To Be DelayedHours before a final vote by the Chicago Board of Education, Chicago Public Schools officials have agreed to back off of plans to close four of the 53 elementary schools targeted for closing at the end of the school year, Board Vice President Jesse Ruiz confirmed Wednesday morning.415
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!