A man charged in connection with 16 armed robberies since last month allegedly was trying to get himself killed by police, because he was distraught over a breakup with his girlfriend.
Loyola University has issued an alert to students after a student was robbed at gunpoint Tuesday afternoon in an alley near its Rogers Park neighborhood campus.
A rash of automated teller machine (ATM) armed robberies in Waukegan was brought to a halt over the weekend after police nabbed three young men and a juvenile following a traffic stop Saturday.
The suspect entered the hair salons, placed a duffle bag on the counter, showed a handgun and announced a robbery, according to a community alert from Area Central detectives.
Police are looking for a group of males who robbed people at gunpoint last week in a series of incidents in the the Grand Boulevard and Washington Park neighborhoods.
Police have issued an alert warning residents of the West Side Lawndale neighborhood of a man and woman who, working together, have robbed women at gunpoint of their purses.
Police are alerting residents of the South Side Greater Grand Crossing area of an increase in armed robberies that have occurred there in the past month.
Police are warning residents of the Southwest Side Ashburn area of an increase in robbery related incidents, with what is believed to be the same offender, in the month of May.
Tanning and nail salons in the affluent Lincoln Park neighborhood have seen an increase in unusual robberies in recent days.
Police are sounding the alarm about a sharp rise in robberies along State Street on the city’s South Side.
Chicago police detectives are warning people on the Near West Side about two young men suspected in recent armed robberies.
Police are warning Near North Side residents of two recent armed robberies, both in busy and fashionable areas.
Police are warning South Side residents of an increase in strong-armed robberies in the Canaryville and Fuller Park neighborhoods.
Police are warning South Side residents of a string of armed robberies targeting people who may have just obtained cash.
A man who made headlines in December for briefly escaping authorities has now died in federal custody.
Police have issued a community alert for three robbery suspects who are armed and dangerous.
A brother and sister from Lemont were ordered held on $2 milliion bond each Sunday, after they were charged with several armed robberies of women on the South and Southwest Sides, according to the Sun-Times.
Police are warning neighbors of two armed robbers who have been hitting major streets on the city’s West Side.
Police are searching for two men who are responsible for four armed robberies in the South Shore neighborhood over the past six weeks.
Police are asking for the public’s help in finding the persons responsible for a recent string of armed robberies targeting construction workers and landscapers in Chicago’s Southwest Side.
- Orange Line Service Resumes After Train-Pedestrian IncidentCTA commuters were temporarily stymied on the Orange Line during the Friday rush hour after a train fatally struck a man on the tracks.401
- Illinois Senate Passes Medical Marijuana LegislationIllinois Gov. Pat Quinn must decide if he will sign a measure allowing the use of marijuana for medical purposes after the state Senate approved legislation on Friday.1238
- Teen Fatally Stabbed In Fight Outside Suburban Grocery StoreRomeoville police say a 17-year-old boy and a 22-year-old man got into a fight in the parking lot outside the Jewel-Osco on Weber Road.432
- Powerball Jackpot At $600 Million: Most Common NumbersThe Powerball jackpot was increased Friday to $600 million, making it the largest Powerball jackpot ever.781
- Police Believe Alleged Con Man Had Scores Of Victims In 4 StatesPark Ridge police were asking for the public’s health in a fraud investigation against a man they said has been using a fake identity to fleece people in at least four states.148
- Family Helping Fund Research For Rare Disease That Struck Son, DaughterThey start out growing up like any other child, until a seizure strikes. It's the first sign of a deadly, rare brain disease that robs children of their abilities before taking their lives. This weekend, you can help a Downers Grove family try to find a cure for Batten Disease.226
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!