Keenan Reynolds extended Navy’s dominance against Army, scoring the winning touchdown late in the fourth quarter.
With the situation getting worse on the ground Obama has ended the surge just in time for the election in November. Taliban and related attacks against NATO powers were approximately 2,700 in August of 2009 when Obama made his contrary-to-campaign promised-move to step up the nation’s military assistance in Afghanistan. Three years later, in August of 2012, there were more attacks – nearly 3,000.
The University Park fixer-upper Jimesha Rice bought two years ago was all fixed up for her when she returned from Afghanistan. CBS 2′s Derrick Blakley reports.
A soldier from northwestern Indiana died in Afghanistan last week while trying to save others.
Chandler Harnish helped give new Northern Illinois coach Dave Doeren a win in his debut. Harnish tossed a career-high five touchdown passes and rushed for another to lead the Huskies to a 49-26 victory over Army in Doeren’s head coaching debut on Saturday.
Services will be held later this week for a southwest suburban soldier who was killed in Iraq last week.
Before the top of the fourth inning at Nationals Park, the public address announcer encouraged everyone at the baseball stadium to cheer for the active or retired members of the service who were in the stands Monday.
This hasn’t been the season that any Notre Dame player, coach or fan expected. But despite all of the negatives that have come from this season, Manti Te’o wouldn’t change his decision.
Instead of a walkthrough on Friday, Notre Dame coach Brian Kelly gave his players a chance to soak in the sites at Yankee Stadium.
Notre Dame receiver Michael Floyd is faced with the same decision that Golden Tate was last season. Does he return for his senior season or turn pro?
- The List: Chicago Schools To Be ClosedThe Chicago School Board voted to close 49 underutilized or underperforming elementary schools on Wednesday as part of a plan to close a $1 billion budget deficit.492
- Board Votes To Close 49 Chicago Elementary SchoolsThe Chicago Board of Education on Wednesday voted to close 49 elementary schools, in what is believed to be the biggest single mass shutdown of schools in U.S. history.4834
- Lockdown Lifted At Morton West High SchoolMorton West High School has been placed on lock down for precautionary reasons after an unknown individual entered the building.558
- Former Glenbard East Student Accused Of Planning Columbine-Type AttackA 19-year-old former student at Glenbard East High School in Lombard was in custody on Wednesday, accused of planning a "Columbine-style" attack on the school, with a list of people he wanted to target.561
- Woman Robs North Side BankA woman robbed a Lakeview bank Tuesday afternoon on the city’s North Side.262
- Four Schools To Be Spared From Closing; Another To Be DelayedHours before a final vote by the Chicago Board of Education, Chicago Public Schools officials have agreed to back off of plans to close four of the 53 elementary schools targeted for closing at the end of the school year, Board Vice President Jesse Ruiz confirmed Wednesday morning.415
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!