Police arresting a West Side man for threatening his girlfriend with a gun Saturday night discovered assault weapons and drugs at his home.
While immigrants and supporters were attending Tuesday’s May Day rally for immigration reform in downtown Chicago, they say agents with Homeland Security were arresting some of their family members in their homes.
All charges have been dropped against Bears tight end Evan Rodriguez after he was arrested last month in Miami, according to a report in the Chicago Tribune.
A struggle between northwest suburban Elgin police and a 40-year-old man Sunday morning ended up with the suspect and two of the officers being sent to hospitals and the suspect facing four felony charges. One of the officers drew his stun gun, but ended up shooting himself in hand.
Shortly before 9 a.m. Thursday police responded to Schmid Elementary School in the 9700 block of South Greenwood Avenue following a report of a threat.
A 43-year-old man was arrested Saturday morning after causing a disturbance outside the church where funeral services for 15-year Hadiya Pendleton were to later be held.
Parents were attending a meeting at John Marsh Elementary School on Friday, after complaining that they weren’t officially notified about a teen’s arrest for bringing a gun to school until after they’d read about it on Facebook.
Two Good Samaritans tackled a man who allegedly robbed a woman’s purse Saturday in the Lincoln Park neighborhood.
A woman who allegedly robbed a South Side Washington Heights neighborhood bank last month apparently returned to try again but Friday morning, but was thwarted by sharp-eyed bank employees.
As the city was closing out 2012 overnight, Chicago Police Supt. Garry McCarthy was out on patrol with his officers, and even helped make a felony arrest.
Johnny Holmes said he recently lost a grandson to gun violence and has also been taking care of his elderly mother. CBS 2′s Courtney Gousman reports.
Jackson and more than a dozen others will go to trial for Freeport protest.
A 30-year old Zion man is being held on $250,000 bond in the hit and run death of a 20-year old man last week.
A Chicago Police officer has been arrested for allegedly accepting a bribe in connection with a criminal case.
HARVEY, Ill. (CBS) — The Cook County sheriff says he and his team took dozens of suspected criminals off the streets in Harvey last week. As WBBM Newsradio’s Lisa Fielding reports, sheriff Tom Dart says […]
The son of a Will County Board member finds himself in legal hot water after an alleged road rage incident this week.
Three child prostitutes were found and more than 135 people arrested in the Chicago area during a three-day nationwide sting aimed at curbing the exploitation of children through prostitution.
Officials have released recordings of a 911 call that triggered criminal charges and the arrest of State Sen. Suzi Schmidt (R-Lake Villa).
An unwanted domestic distraction for Dwyane Wade as he prepares for Game 4 of the NBA Finals tonight: Wade’s ex-wife, Siohvaughn Funches-Wade, was arrested over the weekend after an incident delayed their sons’ return to Miami for Father’s Day.
Lake County Republican bosses are wrestling with how to handle the latest embarrassing incident involving State Sen. Suzi Schmidt (R-Lake Villa).
- Mother Of Student Pushed Down School Stairs ‘Enraged’ At Security GuardNew video surfaced Friday that appears to show sophomore Lauren Goodlow being pushed by a male security guard. CBS 2's Dorothy Tucker reports.329
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.220
- Two Shot Near Roosevelt CTA StationAround 11:10 a.m., a 57-year-old man and a 30-year-old man were shot in the 1100 block of South State Street.256
- Store Owner Kidnapped In Pilsen, SUV StolenPolice said the 78-year-old man was closing the store in the 1100 block of West 18th Street when a group of men threw a pillowcase over his head, hit him in the face, and forced him into his own SUV.248
- Man Found Shot To Death In Zion Supermarket Parking LotThe man found shot to death in a parking in north suburban Zion on Thursday afternoon has been identified as a Waukegan resident.152
- School Warns Parents Of Kidnapping Attempt On PlaygroundA man tried to abduct a 4th grader from the playground at Alexander Graham Bell Elementary School at 3730 N Oakley Ave on Wednesday.150
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!