A parolee was ordered held on $25,000 bond for allegedly using gasoline to start a fire during an argument at his parents’ north suburban Morton Grove home last month.
Anthony LaPorta, 24, broke into neighbor Adam Giordano’s home on July 11, intent on stealing from the victim. When Giordano discovered LaPorta in his house, the assailant attacked him with a knife, killing the victim. LaPorta then set fire to the man’s home.
Three fires in a week, all within a few blocks of each other, all of them arson CBS 2′S Derrick Blakley says investigators in Hammond are looking into the pattern, trying to discover who set the fires and why.
Indiana state fire marshals ruled the Jan. 20 fire at a 117-year-old building at 119th and Sheridan in Whiting, Ind., was caused by ignitable liquid on the floor of the dress shop on the first floor, and have handed over the case to police.
CHICAGO (CBS) — Police have charged a Naperville man with arson in connection with an explosion at a neighbor’s home. Around 3:30 a.m. on Sept. 30, 2012, an explosive device went off at a home […]
Bond was denied on Sunday for a Northwest Side man charged with murder and arson for setting a fire that killed his girlfriend Wednesday inside the Northwest Side apartment they shared.
Brian James Moudry, 36, of the 300 block of South Reed Street in Joliet, pleaded guilty to using fire to interfere with the housing rights on the basis of race, according to a release from the U.S. Attorney’s office.
A white supremacist accused of burning down his black neighbors’ home in a racist attack plans to plead guilty, according to court papers filed this week, the Sun-Times is reporting.
A 4-year-old girl burned badly in a fire over the weekend has died, Cook County health officials said Monday.
The 29-year-old man who police said was the suspect in setting a fire that killed his girlfriend and critically injured their two children died at Stroger Hospital Sunday afternoon.
A south suburban man was charged Saturday with first-degree murder and aggravated arson after his wife was strangled before her body was found in their burned-out home Dec. 18, police said.
Four of the victims suffered severe burns and two people died.
A Columbus, Ohio, man has been charged with stabbing his former roommates death in their West Rogers Park neighborhood apartment, stealing their credit cards, and setting their apartment on fire.
A 47-year-old man cleared of setting a fire that killed a woman and her five children in 1984 has found that freedom is a subjective term, months after his release from prison.
The blazes caused a total of about $1 million in damage, McHenry County sheriff’s police said.
An Elmhurst man is in jail for allegedly setting a house on fire – and it wasn’t even the right house.
A fire spread to six garages in the Andersonville neighborhood in a period of 15 minutes overnight.
Trevontay Milsap and Rafael Peluyera, both of Lake Station, Ind., were charged with murder, murder in the perpetration of arson and four counts of arson.
A 23-year old man is set to appear for a bond hearing in DuPage County Wednesday morning, accused of murder and arson.
A Villa Park man is facing murder charges after a deadly fire in Lombard.
- 12 Arrested After Youth ‘Flash Mobs’ Erupt On Michigan AvenueOne adult and 11 juveniles were arrested Saturday night after police responded to groups of teens running through traffic around North Michigan Avenue on the Gold Coast.313
- Jail Inmate Charged With Previous Murder, Shooting In RobbinsA Cook County Jail inmate faces new charges in connection with a 2012 murder and a separate 2011 shooting in south suburban Robbins, the Cook County Sheriff’s office announced Saturday.60
- Teen Hurt In Little Village ShootingA 14-year-old boy was shot in the arm Saturday afternoon in the Southwest Side Little Village neighborhood.86
- Man Charged With Videotaping Women In Hospital WashroomA poorly secured cell phone in a west suburban hospital washroom that a man had allegedly set up to secretly videotape women in the toilet area was discovered by a woman when the phone fell to the washroom floor on Friday. She alerted police, who then arrested and charged a 49-year-old Franklin Park man with unlawful videotaping.156
- Young Man Shot Outside Old Orchard Shopping CenterA young man was wounded in a shooting in north suburban Skokie Friday night, outside the Old Orchard Shopping Center.227
- 3 Dead, 8 Shot In Citywide ViolenceThree men were killed and at least eight other people were wounded in violence around the city since Friday night.167
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!