The Art Institute of Chicago would like to raise admission fees by as much as $5 and the Museum of Science and Industry would hike entry fees by as much as $3 in the coming weeks, under a proposal laid out in city documents.
My mom said if I don’t go outside at least five times this month she’ll ground me and I won’t be able to play any videogames. So I made a list. It’s a list of five things I want to do in July. You might like this list. Here it is.
Following an anti-NATO march to McCormick Place and conflict with police, protesters staged a late night sit in front of the Art Institute where Michelle Obama was hosting a dinner.
The next three weeks kick off spring break for hundreds of thousands of students all over the Chicago area. So on Thursday, the Wright family, like many families in the area, is looking for something to do, without spending a lot of money.
A design student from the School of the Art Institute has been picked to have his artwork displayed in mural form along the Kennedy Expressway.
In Exposure, the fourth show in a series of contemporary work by the Department of Photography at the Art Institute of Chicago, Matt Keegan, Katie Paterson, and Heather Rasmussen each explore photography in a different way. While the three photographers present various subjects and themes, their work can be taken together as a way to see how the medium is being used in contemporary art.
The Art Institute of Chicago plans to expand its volunteer docent corps to give tours to more school groups in the future.
The famous Art Institute lions won’t be getting their Christmas wreaths until the day after Thanksgiving, but the museum is still getting into the holiday spirit early.
Some brides are finding the wedding they envisioned altered by a rainbow.
Need something to do this week? Here are some events in Chicago.
More than 14.4 million people visited Chicago’s museums and zoos in 2010, a 3 percent dip from 2009.
If you are looking for some cheap culture, the Art Institute might be the place for you in January.
The Art Institute of Chicago has made “a major acquisition” of an early 17th century painting by Ludovico Carracci, one of three artists in the family who transformed Italian painting at the turn of the century.
Rainy Chicago days can be a real bummer — especially when you are trapped at home with restless kiddos. Of course, you may be tempted to stay warm and dry in your house until the unsavory weather passes. Don’t do it.
The big cats outside the Art Institute of Chicago soon will be wearing holiday decor that glows at night.
- Natura Pet Issues New Dog And Cat Food RecallNebraska-based Natura Pet Products has announced a new voluntary recall of multiple brands of dry pet food and treats. The decision comes after a positive test for Salmonella on April 3.7491
- Bakery Blunder Makes ‘Cat Cake’ A Viral SensationOf all the cat memes on the Internet, this one takes the cake.900
- Search Dog Tracks Missing Student To LakefrontVolunteers, friends and family were out in force Tuesday morning, resuming the search for a missing University of Chicago student.586
- Initial Tests ID Glittery Substance Along BeachIndiana environmental officials were investigating whether a Porter County manufacturer was responsible for a slick of glittery material that kept many swimmers out of Porter Beach on Monday.1095
- Weekend Death Toll Rises To 8 After Two Men Die Of Gunshot InjuriesTwo men critically wounded in weekend shootings died Monday, raising the death toll for 2013’s most violent weekend to eight. At least 39 other people were wounded in shootings across the city, authorities said.163
- Mystery Substance Prompts Closure Of Indiana BeachSwimmers have been ordered out of Lake Michigan at Porter Beach because of a substance in the water. WBBM's Nancy Harty has more.6566
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!