Denise Warfield, 47, was found just before 4:30 p.m. Saturday in a building in the 7200 block of South Ashland Avenue, authorities said.
A 16-mile stretch of Ashland Avenue will be the city’s first target for bus rapid transit, with a plan for high-speed buses from 95th Street to Irving Park Road announced Friday at a cost of about $10 million per mile.
A 70-year-old Far South Side man whose blood alcohol level was “extremely high” when he fatally struck a woman on the South Side in a 2011 hit-and-run is going to prison.
Never try to separate a woman from her designer purse. A north suburban woman chased and caught a man who snatched her $2,600 Louis Vuitton purse through her vehicle window as she waited in line for a car wash in Evanston on Monday.
The hostage situation began after police officers were sent to a building near Ashland Avenue and Hastings Street about 3:16 a.m., when they received a call about a domestic dispute.
A man died after being shot in the head early Friday in the Englewood neighborhood.
A car speeding away from police ended up crashing into two other vehicles Sunday night on the Southwest Side, sending the speedster and another driver to the hospital, police said.
A man robbed a hair salon Monday morning in the North Side Wicker Park neighborhood.
The Chicago Fire Department has determined the extra-alarm blaze that gutted a Bridgeport warehouse was caused when an open flame in the building ignited combustible material inside.
Firefighters were at the scene of an extra-alarm blaze at a large vacant warehouse in the Bridgeport neighborhood Tuesday night.
The driver of an SUV was killed early Monday when he crashed his Chevrolet Blazer into the back of a parked semi-trailer in the Pilsen neighborhood on the West Side.
A homeless man is the third person in Cook County to die of cold exposure since November, according to an autopsy conducted Saturday afternoon.
The shooting occurred at 55th Street and Ashland Avenue.
A bicyclist was killed when he was struck by a truck in the West Town neighborhood Wednesday morning.
A grocery store bank on Chicago’s Near West Side was held up Saturday morning.
A judge has denied bond for the 17-year-old man accused of killing another teenager in front of the victim’s mother and two brothers, outside a Back of the Yards laundromat last week.
Gunfire left one man dead and another wounded just after midnight in the South Shore neighborhood, and five others were wounded across the city in the overnight hours.
Imprisoned former Gov. George Ryan will be released from prison five months early, having qualified for work release.
One man was killed, and six more were injured, in shootings around Chicago overnight.
It was another bloody night in Chicago, as gunfire ripped through communities on the South and West sides and left one person dead and 10 others injured between Monday afternoon and early Tuesday morning.
- Boy, 17, Fatally Shot In Back Of The YardsA teenage boy was fatally shot in the South Side Back of the Yards neighborhood Tuesday evening, police said.147
- Police: Man Killed In Jump From Gold Coast BuildingA man jumped to his death early Tuesday from the Gold Coast high-rise building where he lived, authorities said.303
- Police: Man Touches Woman’s Leg At South Loop CTA StationPolice are looking for man who inappropriately touched a woman at a South Loop CTA station Tuesday morning.147
- Rapper Chief Keef Arrested In Georgia Hotel After Staff Smells MarijuanaChicago rapper Chief Keef makes no secret of his fondness for marijuana. The staff at the swanky LeMeridien Atlanta Perimeter hotel doesn’t share that fondness.144
- Florida Man Pleads Guilty In Fatal Stabbing Of Bears FanA Florida man has pleaded guilty to fatally stabbing a Bears fan who traveled to Jacksonville to see the Bears take on the Jaguars in October.619
- Man Critically Hurt In Jump From 3rd Floor Of HospitalA man was critically injured after attempting to jump from the window of a hospital Tuesday in the South Side Englewood neighborhood.201
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!