Chicago’s Edwin Jackson got off to a slow start on Friday night against the Houston Astros. When he settled down, he was almost unhittable.
Mike Matheny is the ideal champion of a noble cause, and he has decided to take up the fight.
The Chicago Cubs got their 100th loss of the season when Lucas Harrell threw six shutout innings to lead the Houston Astros to a 3-0 win Monday night.
Dave Sappelt scored the go-ahead run on a wild pitch and had three RBIs to lead the team to the victory.
Jason Castro and Chris Johnson each hit three-run homers and Bud Norris threw seven scoreless innings to give the Houston Astros an 8-4 victory over the slumping Chicago Cubs on Monday night.
Kosuke Fukudome hit a lead-off home run, but the Chicago Cubs would only muster two more hits for the rest of the game and would eventually lose to the Houston Astros by a score of 3-1.
Cubs third baseman Aramis Ramirez left Wednesday’s game against the Houston Astros after getting hit in the face by a ground ball that took a bad hop.
The Chicago Cubs got a two-run home run from Carlos Pena and scored seven runs, but that wouldn’t prove to be enough as they lost 12-7 to the Houston Astros.
Coming into the season, the Chicago Cubs were counting on Carlos Zambrano starting the 2011 season the same way he ended the 2010 season.
James Russell’s first career start didn’t go the way he, or the Chicago Cubs would have wanted.
Houston Astros pitcher Brett Myers has had two impressive starts so far this season, but is still without a win, largely due to a lack of run support from his offense.
Starlin Castro, Darwin Barney and Marlon Byrd combined for seven hits, five runs and three RBIs and the Chicago Cubs held on for a 5-4 win over the Houston Astros on Monday night. Castro had […]
Ryan Dempster has come away with a loss in each of his first two starts this season, but he’s headed in the right direction.
Five years ago today, the Chicago White Sox swept the Houston Astros to win the franchise’s first championship since 1917. It was the 19th sweep in World Series history and one that sent the entire […]
HOUSTON (AP) The Houston Astros had so much fun over the last few months of the season that they weren’t ready for it to end. Carlos Lee homered and Tommy Manzella drove in two runs […]
ST. LOUIS — Jeff Samardzija appears to have made the most of his time in the minors this year. The former Notre Dame football star pitched shutout ball in his first major league start this […]
- Board Votes To Close 49 Chicago Elementary SchoolsThe Chicago Board of Education on Wednesday voted to close 49 elementary schools, in what is believed to be the biggest single mass shutdown of schools in U.S. history.706
- Lockdown Lifted At Morton West High SchoolMorton West High School has been placed on lock down for precautionary reasons after an unknown individual entered the building.558
- Former Glenbard East Student Accused Of Planning Columbine-Type AttackA 19-year-old former student at Glenbard East High School in Lombard was in custody on Wednesday, accused of planning a "Columbine-style" attack on the school, with a list of people he wanted to target.464
- Woman Robs North Side BankA woman robbed a Lakeview bank Tuesday afternoon on the city’s North Side.262
- Four Schools To Be Spared From Closing; Another To Be DelayedHours before a final vote by the Chicago Board of Education, Chicago Public Schools officials have agreed to back off of plans to close four of the 53 elementary schools targeted for closing at the end of the school year, Board Vice President Jesse Ruiz confirmed Wednesday morning.415
- Boy, 17, Fatally Shot In Back Of The YardsA teenage boy was fatally shot in the South Side Back of the Yards neighborhood Tuesday evening, police said.147
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!