Chicago ended a six-game road trip with four losses as it heads to Wrigley Field for the home opener against Milwaukee on Monday.
Hours after Rutgers announced it had fired basketball coach Mike Rice for verbally and psychically abusing his players, former MLB All-Star Chipper Jones responded.
Andrelton Simmons is a good bet to win several gold gloves during his career, and he’s shown the ability to stay within himself and make adjustments at the plate.
Officially retired from the game of baseball, Chipper Jones is just trying to stay busy.
Ryan Dempster is gone, but there are still questions on how and why it took so long.
It was only about six weeks ago that Cubs president Theo Epstein said he and his staff had to “tune out the noise” from fans and media as they went about building the team into something akin to championship caliber. Better buy some ear plugs.
What has been quite unexpected in the Cubs quest to get as much in return for Dempster as possible is the Cubs starter going from affable in the process to difficult to downright sabotaging.
Kevin Correia, in jeopardy of losing his spot in Pittsburgh’s crowded starting rotation, pitched six effective innings Wednesday and Garrett Jones hit a tiebreaking double to lead the Pirates to a 3-2 victory over the Chicago Cubs.
According to a report, the Braves have made Ryan Dempster’s decision for him: they’re moving on.
Ryan Dempster is in no hurry to approve a trade.
Multiple outlets are reporting the Cubs have traded Ryan Dempster to the Braves.
Bryan LaHair, Jeff Baker and Anthony Rizzo hit home runs and the Chicago Cubs continued their success against Atlanta by beating the Braves 5-1 on Wednesday night.
Newly chosen All-Star Chipper Jones delivered his first five-hit game in a decade, driving in four runs Tuesday night and leading the Atlanta Braves over the Chicago Cubs 10-3.
The Milwaukee Brewers were the first team to complain about the brand new LED scoreboard in right field at Wrigley Field and they aren’t the only team.
Paul Maholm outpitched Tim Hudson to win his fourth straight start, Bryan LaHair hit a go-ahead single in the seventh inning and the Chicago Cubs beat the Atlanta Braves 1-0 Wednesday.
Now it’s Kerry Wood’s turn to swear at a reporter.
Dan Uggla hit a tiebreaking two-run single in the eighth inning and the Atlanta Braves beat the Chicago Cubs 3-1 Tuesday night.
A convicted killer was let out of a Florida prison Tuesday, 10 years earlier than expected. The man he murdered was a Chicago native his parents said they’re shocked and angry to hear the news of the killer’s release.
At one time, Chipper Jones was one of the best third basemen in the game – it seems like those days are long, long gone.
Former White Sox hitting coach Greg Walker admitted that players were affected by the drama last season and said there was a sentiment in the clubhouse that the coaching staff should never have come back for 2011.
- Woman Found Dead At O’HareA woman was found dead near a bus stop at O’Hare International Airport Saturday, authorities said.308
- Toddler Reunited With ParentsPolice on Sunday were looking for the parents or guardians of a little boy who was found in the West Side Douglas Park neighborhood.233
- A Dozen Illinoisans Come Within One Number Of $600M Powerball JackpotOne number in Saturday night’s Powerball drawing was the difference for a dozen Illinois players between being $10,000 richer and living the life of a multi-millionaire.225
- 12 Arrested After Youth ‘Flash Mobs’ Erupt On Michigan AvenueOne adult and 11 juveniles were arrested Saturday night after police responded to groups of teens running through traffic around North Michigan Avenue on the Gold Coast.410
- Jail Inmate Charged With Previous Murder, Shooting In RobbinsA Cook County Jail inmate faces new charges in connection with a 2012 murder and a separate 2011 shooting in south suburban Robbins, the Cook County Sheriff’s office announced Saturday.60
- Teen Hurt In Little Village ShootingA 14-year-old boy was shot in the arm Saturday afternoon in the Southwest Side Little Village neighborhood.86
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!