Police in north suburban Highwood are warning the community of a possible abduction attempt after an eight-year-old boy was approached outside outside his school earlier this week, Pioneer Press is reporting.
An alert parent is credited with helping police arrest a Chicago man who allegedly grabbed a Fenton High School student and threatened her with a knife Friday.
Shawn M. Stubblefield has numerous arrests on his record, dating back to 2001, and four criminal convictions, including prison sentences for theft and burglary. He is scheduled for a bond hearing Friday in Chicago.
Chicago Police have issued a community alert about the attempted kidnapping Tuesday of a girl on the Southwest Side.
A registered sex offender was convicted this week of trying to abduct a 12-year-old boy near a west suburban country club twice in 2011.
Police are looking for a man who attempted to lure a girl in the Douglas neighborhood on the South Side last week.
A man tried to abduct a child from a store in the Southwest Side Marquette Park neighborhood last week and now police are warning parents to be on the alert.
Advice about watching out for Mr. Stranger-Danger is as good today as it was decades ago, as there was an attempted kidnapping Tuesday on the city’s Far Northwest Side.
A man tried to grab a teenage girl and force her into an alley Monday morning on the Southwest Side.
Families in the Rogers Park neighborhood are being told to keep an eye out, as police search for two men who tried to abduct multiple children – the youngest just 4 years old.
VILLA PARK, Ill. (CBS) — For the second time this week, two men have been tried to grab a child in villa park. The newest attacked happened near Madison and Wisconsin Thursday. A 13-year-old girl […]
A man put a 9-year-old boy and tried to abduct him on the city’s Southeast Side this week, and now police hope a sketch will help them find a suspect.
Police are looking for a man who may have tried to lure a young boy as they rode bicycles in the Westlawn neighborhood on the Southwest Side.
Police are looking for a man accused of trying to lure a 15-year-old girl into his car Monday evening on the Northwest Side.
A man who tried to lure a young girl into his van Tuesday morning in the South Side Englewood neighborhood used a new tactic, telling her he’d pay her cell phone bill.
A South Side man has been charged with trying to kidnap a small boy at North Avenue Beach on Saturday.
Investigators in far west suburban Sugar Grove say they have gotten to the bottom of an attempted child abduction by an elderly couple.
Police are warning residents in the area of 43rd Street and Indiana Avenue about an attempted child abduction.
Police are looking for a man who tried to kidnap a 12-year-old girl near Lake Shore Drive and Irving Park Road during the weekday morning rush earlier this month.
A motorist tried to abduct a little girl near a school bus stop this morning in west suburban Wheaton.
- BREAKING: Jury Sides With Donald Trump In Condo Dispute With WomanA federal jury has sided with developer Donald Trump -- not the 87-year-old woman who says she was cheated financially after buying two condominiums at his Trump Tower project.1056
- Employee At Dunbar High Suspended After Pushing Student Down StairsAn employee at a public high school in the Bronzeville neighborhood has been taken off the job after being recorded on cell phone video pushing a girl down a set of stairs.408
- Concealed Carry Bill Moves To House Floor, But Senate ObjectsA concealed-carry gun deal brokered by House Speaker Michael Madigan cleared a House committee Thursday, but its prospects were unclear across the Capitol in the Senate because of the way it would curb existing local gun laws.165
- Four Hurt In Wrong-Way Crash On Chicago SkywayA 25-year-old man has been cited for driving the wrong way on the Chicago Skyway, after a head-on crash with a pickup truck Thursday morning that sent four people to hospitals.232
- Student Pulled Over And Robbed By Phony Police OfficerA man driving an unmarked white Ford Crown Victoria with interior flashing red and blue lights pulled the student over near Ballard and Bender roads in Des Plaines as she was driving to school around 7:30 a.m. on May 20.340
- Census Data: Chicago Slowest Growing Big City In U.S.Chicago gained nearly 10,000 people from July 2011 to July 2012, but was the slowest-growing major city in the country according to U.S. Census Bureau estimates released Thursday.130
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!