Catherine Brown, 38, has been charged with one count each of aggravated battery to a police officer and attempted first-degree murder, police said.
Cook County prosecutors have charged four people in a grisly triple homicide three years ago in south suburban Harvey, following a botched home invasion and robbery.
The courageous Logan Square shopkeeper who fought off a pair of armed robbers with a baseball bat said Tuesday he bears no ill will toward the men who shot him and tried to rob him.
A second suspect has been charged in an armed robbery and shooting at a Logan Square store, where the owner and brother-in-law fought off the robbers with a baseball bat, a stool and a fire extinguisher.
A 19-year-old man and two teenage boys were charged with attempted murder Tuesday for shooting another teenager Monday evening in west suburban Aurora.
Michael Highsmith told detectives that he had been friends with the victim for more than four years, and that he attacked him to steal his jewelry, Balmes said.
The two men charged with murder in the shooting death of 15-year-old honor student Hadiya Pendleton pleaded innocent on Thursday.
A west suburban Naperville man accused of stabbing and trying to strangle his mother in 2011 only hours after being released from a psychiatric care center has been declared mentally unfit to stand trial for that alleged crime.
An elderly man from the Gresham neighborhood who’s already facing attempted murder charges is now accused of harassing his alleged victim and trying to persuade her to drop the case against him.
A man charged in connection with 16 armed robberies since last month allegedly was trying to get himself killed by police, because he was distraught over a breakup with his girlfriend.
The woman who allegedly was attacked by a former suburban fire official went to him for help afterward, not knowing he was the one who broke into her home wearing a ski mask, and put a knife to her throat, prosecutors said Tuesday.
A deputy fire chief for south suburban Chicago Ridge has been released on bond, and placed on house arrest, after he was charged with breaking into a neighbor’s condo in Tinley Park, beat her, and threatened to kill her.
A 49-year-old Tinley Park man has been charged with home invasion and attempted murder after he allegedly broke into a woman’s condominium unit in the south suburb early Saturday and beat her while armed with a knife.
A man has been charged after he allegedly shot his ex-girlfriend and her current boyfriend in the early hours of the new year, police said early Friday.
A 21-year-old man already in jail for shooting two girls on the West Side earlier this week did so, according to authorities, because they were witnesses to his shooting of a motel clerk who would not let him and the girls check in.
A convicted felon on parole for a 2009 robbery was charged with attempted first-degree murder after he allegedly shot two teenage girls in the West Garfield Park neighborhood Tuesday morning.
A 46-year-old southwest suburban man was denied bond Thursday after being charged with beating and trying to strangle his elderly father over the weekend.
A 17-year-old Rogers Park boy was charged as an adult with attempted murder for allegedly shooting at police officers early Saturday in the North Side Uptown neighborhood.
A west suburban Melrose Park man is facing attempted murder charges for allegedly running down two men on purpose Sunday after a fight erupted in a River North nightclub.
A 39-year-old Aurora woman was in critical condition Saturday, after police said her husband attacked her with a hammer as she slept last week.
- Cops Crack Down On Retailers Who Sell Stolen GoodsA new law in Illinois is allowing police and retailers to work together to crack down on organized retail theft. CBS 2's Mike Puccinelli reports.117
- Jury Sides With Donald Trump In Condo Dispute With Woman, 87A federal jury has sided with developer Donald Trump -- not the 87-year-old woman who says she was cheated financially after buying two condominiums at his Trump Tower project.1056
- VIDEO: Guard Allegedly Pushes Dunbar Student Down StairsAn employee at a public high school in the Bronzeville neighborhood has been taken off the job after being recorded on cell phone video pushing a girl down a set of stairs.408
- Concealed Carry Bill Moves To House Floor, But Senate ObjectsA concealed-carry gun deal brokered by House Speaker Michael Madigan cleared a House committee Thursday, but its prospects were unclear across the Capitol in the Senate because of the way it would curb existing local gun laws.165
- Four Hurt In Wrong-Way Crash On Chicago SkywayA 25-year-old man has been cited for driving the wrong way on the Chicago Skyway, after a head-on crash with a pickup truck Thursday morning that sent four people to hospitals.232
- Student Pulled Over And Robbed By Phony Police OfficerA man driving an unmarked white Ford Crown Victoria with interior flashing red and blue lights pulled the student over near Ballard and Bender roads in Des Plaines as she was driving to school around 7:30 a.m. on May 20.340
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!