Truancy in the Chicago Public School system is still a major issue, according to an analysis by the Chicago Tribune.
The heat wave may have cut into attendance at a popular suburban event this week.
Fewer people attended Illinois’ historic sites in 2011 than in 2010, but the numbers are beginning to level out, and that’s encouraging to the Illinois Historic Preservation Agency.
Major League Baseball is likely to mark its fourth straight year of declining attendance when this year’s season ends, according to a published report.
Chicago Public Schools chief executive officer Jean-Claude Brizard says first-day attendance this past Tuesday jumped to four-year high.
Chicago school students are getting freebies, but they have to earn them.
Saturday’s rain storm put a bit of a damper on attendance for the Chicago Air and Water Show this weekend.
The Taste of Chicago this summer left a sour taste with some of the festival’s food vendors.
From a security standpoint, this year’s Taste of Chicago was a rousing success. From a sales and attendance standpoint, it was a flop.
The streets around Grant Park are open again today after crews finished cleaning up from the 10-day Taste of Chicago.
Leading up the last weekend’s Cubs-Yankees series it seemed as if demand for tickets was lacking, but Wrigley Field saw the biggest crowd for a three-game series in it’s 97-year history.
This season’s Wrigley Field attendance has seen a roughly eight percent decrease from a season ago. While some of that could be attributed to the poor weather, there seems to be a trend developing.
Declining attendance at games is drawing concern from Major League Baseball, according to a new report.
It’s no mystery that the attendance at this season’s Chicago Cubs games hasn’t been what it usually is, and according to MLB commissioner Bud Selig, that has nothing to do the team’s performance or the owners.
- Some People You Should Know: The MelodeersIt all began when barbershop patrons started singing while waiting to get their hair cut. A century or so later, the Melodeers chorus is taking the music to a dazzling new height with 140 ladies singing in unaccompanied four-part harmony. CBS 2's Harry Porterfield reports.155
- Mother Of Student Pushed Down School Stairs ‘Enraged’ At Security GuardNew video surfaced Friday that appears to show sophomore Lauren Goodlow being pushed by a male security guard. CBS 2's Dorothy Tucker reports.329
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.220
- Two Shot Near Roosevelt CTA StationAround 11:10 a.m., a 57-year-old man and a 30-year-old man were shot in the 1100 block of South State Street.256
- Store Owner Kidnapped In Pilsen, SUV StolenPolice said the 78-year-old man was closing the store in the 1100 block of West 18th Street when a group of men threw a pillowcase over his head, hit him in the face, and forced him into his own SUV.248
- Man Found Shot To Death In Zion Supermarket Parking LotThe man found shot to death in a parking in north suburban Zion on Thursday afternoon has been identified as a Waukegan resident.152
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!