The winning bidders were identified as Jeff Garrett of Lexington, Ky. and Larry Lee of Panama City, Fla., who partnered in the purchase, according to a news release.
There’s a multi-state manhunt for a woman accused of visiting local auctions, winning bids and then taking off with them without paying.
You could have a chance to buy the items Jesse Jackson Jr. and his wife Sandi illegally purchased with campaign contributions, but you’ll have to be patient.
CBS 2 legal analyst Irv Miller says federal officials are still collecting all the memorabilia, clothing and other goodies Jesse Jackson Jr. purchased via campaign dollars.
The U.S. Marshals Service plans to auction off another 351 items from the loot bought with the $53.7 million Rita Crundwell embezzled from the city while she was Dixon’s city comptroller.
The expansive ranch owned by former Dixon comptroller Rita Crundwell was sold Friday to her nephew and his wife for more than a million dollars.
The auction for former Dixon comptroller Rita Crundwell’s jewelry will take place from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Feb. 22 in Fort Worth, Texas and simulcast online.
Everything in Charlie Trotter’s restaurant went on the auction block on Wednesday.
Nearly $8 million has been collected from auctioning property and furniture formerly belonging to Rita Crundwell, the former Dixon comptroller who pleaded guilty to stealing more than $53 million from the city.
Charlie Trotter’s restaurant is no more, but later this week, you can own a piece of the place.
Admitted embezzler and former Dixon city comptroller Rita Crundwell lived a lavish lifestyle fueled my millions of dollars she stole from the town.
Items from former Dixon comptroller Rita Crundwell’s lavish lifestyle continue to be parceled off one piece at a time.
Federal marshals have started running numbers to tally totals from a weekend auction of property owned by former Dixon Comptroller Rita Crundwell, who is accused of embezzling $53 million over the last 22 years.
Scores of horses purchased by a government official who’s accused of absconding with millions of dollars can now be yours, if you have the cash.
Political and personal items of the late Cook County Board president John Stroger and his son Todd were bid up to $3,750 at auction this morning, but failed to sell because the top bid failed to meet an undisclosed minimum price set by the seller.
The treasure trove of former Chicago Outfit hitman Frank Calabrese Sr. goes on the auction block next month.
A baseball jersey worn by The Bambino sold for more than $4.4 million, a record for any item of sports memorabilia, according to the buyer and seller.
A local man spent just $450 to buy a locker full of valuable items belonging to late Cook County Board President John H. Stroger Jr.
The Chicago Comic and Entertainment Expo is underway at McCormick Place.
The Christie’s auction house is putting a piece of Chicago on the block next month at Rockefeller Plaza in New York.
- The List: Chicago Schools To Be ClosedThe Chicago School Board voted to close 49 underutilized or underperforming elementary schools on Wednesday as part of a plan to close a $1 billion budget deficit.492
- Board Votes To Close 49 Chicago Elementary SchoolsThe Chicago Board of Education on Wednesday voted to close 49 elementary schools, in what is believed to be the biggest single mass shutdown of schools in U.S. history.4834
- Lockdown Lifted At Morton West High SchoolMorton West High School has been placed on lock down for precautionary reasons after an unknown individual entered the building.558
- Former Glenbard East Student Accused Of Planning Columbine-Type AttackA 19-year-old former student at Glenbard East High School in Lombard was in custody on Wednesday, accused of planning a "Columbine-style" attack on the school, with a list of people he wanted to target.561
- Woman Robs North Side BankA woman robbed a Lakeview bank Tuesday afternoon on the city’s North Side.262
- Four Schools To Be Spared From Closing; Another To Be DelayedHours before a final vote by the Chicago Board of Education, Chicago Public Schools officials have agreed to back off of plans to close four of the 53 elementary schools targeted for closing at the end of the school year, Board Vice President Jesse Ruiz confirmed Wednesday morning.415
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!