Three people have been killed and five others wounded in Chicago gun violence since Friday afternoon, authorities said. Many of the shooting victims, including two of the people killed, are teenagers.
The shooting death of a 40-year-old man on the West Side was the city’s 500th murder this year, city officials said Friday after initially disagreeing on the tally.
A bicyclist was killed when he was struck by a truck in the West Town neighborhood Wednesday morning.
A 21-year-old man playing video games with his brother in a bedroom of a Humboldt Park apartment early Saturday died after bullets came through a window, authorities said.
Two people were shot and critically wounded within minutes of each other overnight in the fashionable Ukrainian Village neighborhood.
One teenage boy was killed and 12 others were injured in Chicago just between 9 p.m. Monday and 5 a.m. Tuesday.
Chicago Police are warning residents of the Ukrainian Village neighborhood about a series of burglaries this month.
A man was in police custody Wednesday morning, after a chase that ended with a crash and shots fired by officers in the North Austin neighborhood.
A man was left in critical condition early Thursday when he fell off his motorcycle in the West Town neighborhood.
Chicago police officers shot and wounded a man armed with a gun Tuesday afternoon in the South Austin neighborhood.
Two roommates and a woman were apprehend by police after they allegedly forced a man who sells medical supplies into his home at gunpoint and robbed him in the Humboldt Park neighborhood late Thursday.
A man was shot multiple times, including at least once in the face, early Saturday in the Humboldt Park neighborhood.
A car hit a pedestrian early this morning in the Noble Square neighborhood.
A man who was shot in the head on the West Side Saturday morning has died, police said.
- Two Charged With River North BurglariesTwo people have been charged with burglary in connection with a spate of robberies this month in the River North neighborhood.98
- Portage Theater Closed For NowThe 93-year-old landmark theater at 4050 N. Milwaukee Ave. was shut down on Friday after Ald. John Arena (45th) blocked Carranza’s application for a liquor license, according to Carranza.90
- Man Shot And Killed Inside Hyde Park HomeA murder in Hyde Park, just blocks away from President Barack Obama's home.213
- Noise From Music Fest At Chicagoland Speedway Has Neighbors Up In ArmsMost of the complaints seem to be coming from the east of the Chicagoland Speedway in new Lenox, Frankfort and Mokena as grandstands protect the other three sides.127
- Roseland Hospital Cuts Staff, Salaries To Keep Doors OpenAs it waits to hear if it’ll receive a $7 million bailout to stay open, Roseland Community Hospital laid off almost 70 employees, and other hospital employees will take a pay cut.89
- Rev. Jackson: School Closings UndemocraticOpponents of Chicago school closures are vowing to fight on, but they appear to have little chance of reversing the mayor's agenda... unless a federal judge steps in, reports WBBM's Mike Krauser.90
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!