It is impossible for Aurora Police Detective Lee Catavu to fathom the number of hours he has spent trying to bring Timmothy Pitzen home.
An Aurora man accused of trying to join an overseas terror group will remain in federal custody afterall.
An 18-year-old Aurora man accused of trying to join a terrorism organization overseas might be confined at home as he awaits a federal trial, but federal prosecutors will challenge a judge’s ruling on the suspect’s bond.
Steven Prosser says he can’t even begin to know how to thank the men who saved his daughter Annie the night that she and three others were in a car that was submerged in a retention pond off of I-88.
The Aurora Police Department will honor seven Aurora police officers who, along with six Aurora firefighters, saved the life of 14-year-old Annie Prosser, who nearly drowned on March 9 after the vehicle in which she was riding crashed into a retention pond.
A 26-year-old Joliet man was fatally shot in the head in Aurora Tuesday night.
A suburban teenager, accused of trying to support a terrorist organization, appeared in federal court on Tuesday, but his arraignment was delayed.
Abdella Ahmad Tounisi of Aurora is charged with one count of attempting to provide material support to a foreign terrorist organization. He is expected to make an appearance in federal court Tuesday morning.
The FBI arrested an Aurora teen they allege attempted to travel to Syria to join a jihadist militant group, according to an FBI press release.
Rosa Bocanegra says every day, every shift, she has to be ready for the unexpected.
A 19-year-old man and two teenage boys were charged with attempted murder Tuesday for shooting another teenager Monday evening in west suburban Aurora.
A west suburban man was charged Wednesday with leaving a message with a Cook County prosecutors threatening the judge who sentenced him.
A woman was killed Tuesday night, when a semi and an SUV collided on the Reagan Memorial Tollway near Aurora, shutting down the westbound lanes of the tollway for more than five hours.
An inbound Metra train struck and killed a pedestrian in Hinsdale on Monday afternoon.
Emory Diaz-Sepulveda was mother to a 3 ½-month-old baby named Roy. He’ll never know his mom now, after the accident off Interstate 88 in Aurora. CBS 2′s Dana Kozlov reports.
CBS 2 has learned the identity of a woman killed after her car crashed into a retention pond off eastbound I-88 and the Eola exit in west suburban Aurora.
A west suburban Aurora woman’s car left the roadway and landed in a lake at the start of Tuesday’s winter storm.
At least 50 mayors who double as liquor commissioners have taken campaign contributions totaling hundreds of thousands of dollars from the same bars they watch over. CBS 2′s Pam Zekman reports.
Aurora Police detectives are trying to crack a puzzling case. Call it the “mystery of the missing 27 thousand dollar diamond.” CBS2’s Mike Parker is also checking it out.
An Aurora man communes with the lives of the long departed by taking a shovel to the remains of their outhouses.
- Teen Hurt In Little Village ShootingA 14-year-old boy was shot in the arm Saturday afternoon in the Southwest Side Little Village neighborhood.86
- Man Charged With Videotaping Women In Hospital WashroomA poorly secured cell phone in a west suburban hospital washroom that a man had allegedly set up to secretly videotape women in the toilet area was discovered by a woman when the phone fell to the washroom floor on Friday. She alerted police, who then arrested and charged a 49-year-old Franklin Park man with unlawful videotaping.156
- Young Man Shot Outside Old Orchard Shopping CenterA young man was wounded in a shooting in north suburban Skokie Friday night, outside the Old Orchard Shopping Center.227
- 3 Dead, 8 Shot In Citywide ViolenceThree men were killed and at least eight other people were wounded in violence around the city since Friday night.167
- Orange Line Service Resumes After Train-Pedestrian IncidentCTA commuters were temporarily stymied on the Orange Line during the Friday rush hour after a train fatally struck a man on the tracks.401
- Illinois Senate Passes Medical Marijuana LegislationIllinois Gov. Pat Quinn must decide if he will sign a measure allowing the use of marijuana for medical purposes after the state Senate approved legislation on Friday.1238
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!