April is autism awareness month. CBS 2′s Susan Carlson takes a closer look at how one Chicago-area woman turned her son’s diagnosis into a life-saving mission helping hundreds of other families.
A new study indicates autism is much more widespread than previously thought. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention now says 1 in every 50 school age kids has autism—that is about 1 million children nationwide.
A Downers Grove teenager with autism and a fear of fires was able to overcome those difficulties to warn his mother about a fire in their home over the weekend.
Stephen, Please! ESPN’s Stephen A. Smith came under fire Thursday for using a racial slur on Thursday’s edition of First Take. The comment happened during a discussion of whether or not Kobe Bryant will play in […]
Police are asking for the public’s help in finding a missing teenage boy who has autism.
Illinois firefighters and paramedics may soon know how to better help autistic people during emergencies.
A new study out today raises some serious concerns about unborn babies and the potential for autism.
About 10 people marched with the family of 15-year-old Stephon Watts Saturday, demanding sanctions against the Calumet City police officers who shot the autistic teen to death.
More than 700 people attended a funeral service in Dolton for the 15-year-old boy with autism who was shot to death February first by Calumet City Police.
Bears linebacker J.T. Thomas has driven to Indianapolis with a teenaged friend to see Sunday’s Super Bowl.
Relatives and friends of a 15-year-old autistic boy who was shot and killed by police officers on Wednesday were voicing their outrage by staging a protest outside of the police station Thursday night.
If you feel your preschooler might have autism, follow your gut and get your child tested. A mother, along with an award winning teacher, both say that early intervention makes all the difference.
One hundred fifty patients diagnosed with autistic spectrum disorders between the ages of 5 and 21 will be taking part in clinical trials across the country, including in Chicago.
A 27-year-old man with autism is missing from his Englewood neighborhood home again, after vanishing twice before in recent months.
The story of autism hits home for a downstate lawmaker who is a parent of a child who suffers from the disorder.
A 26-year-old autistic man has now been missing from his home near Sherman Park for seven months, police said.
Children with autism can experience something new this winter – camping.
A magazine salesman from Chicago will spend more than a year in jail for allegedly raping an autistic woman he met while going door to door in Arnold, Md.
- Two Charged With River North BurglariesTwo people have been charged with burglary in connection with a spate of robberies this month in the River North neighborhood.98
- Portage Theater Closed For NowThe 93-year-old landmark theater at 4050 N. Milwaukee Ave. was shut down on Friday after Ald. John Arena (45th) blocked Carranza’s application for a liquor license, according to Carranza.90
- Man Shot And Killed Inside Hyde Park HomeA murder in Hyde Park, just blocks away from President Barack Obama's home.213
- Noise From Music Fest At Chicagoland Speedway Has Neighbors Up In ArmsMost of the complaints seem to be coming from the east of the Chicagoland Speedway in new Lenox, Frankfort and Mokena as grandstands protect the other three sides.127
- Roseland Hospital Cuts Staff, Salaries To Keep Doors OpenAs it waits to hear if it’ll receive a $7 million bailout to stay open, Roseland Community Hospital laid off almost 70 employees, and other hospital employees will take a pay cut.89
- Rev. Jackson: School Closings UndemocraticOpponents of Chicago school closures are vowing to fight on, but they appear to have little chance of reversing the mayor's agenda... unless a federal judge steps in, reports WBBM's Mike Krauser.90
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!