A four-door 1995 Honda Accord was traveling at a high rate of speed when it struck a streetlight pole and wrapped around the pole.
One man was killed and nine were wounded in shootings across the city that began Wednesday afternoon and continued until just past midnight Thursday.
The city could soon get its first Olive Garden restaurant.
The fire started shortly before 9 a.m. at a 1 1/2-story house at 3005 N. Washtenaw Av.
Fire engines, trucks and ambulances jammed the blocks surrounding a burning apartment building in the Avondale neighborhood today.
A 50-year-old man suffered a graze wound to the back when two men who tried to rob him in his car in the Northwest Side Avondale neighborhood Sunday morning opened fire on him as he tried to get away from them.
An extra-alarm fire completely engulfed a warehouse in the Avondale neighborhood on the Northwest Side early Sunday.
Fred–the karaoke jock at Alice’s–has a reputation for being intense. This shouldn’t turn you off from karaoke at Alice’s. In fact, it should do the opposite. In the words of The Wire superstar Omar, “A man’s got to have a code.”
A Chicago grandmother has broken up a burglary ring that police said hit hundreds of victims, many of them elderly.
Charges were filed against a man who allegedly fired at Chicago Police officers Thursday night in the Avondale neighborhood on the Northwest Side.
Two people are dead, and six others have been injured, in shootings so far this weekend.
At least nine people were hurt in shootings across the city late Friday into early Saturday.
A man’s body was pulled from the North Branch of the Chicago River Thursday morning.
Seven people were killed and 18 more were wounded – including a Chicago Police officer – in a violent weekend on the streets of Chicago.
A teenage boy was fatally shot in the Avondale neighborhood Saturday night on the Northwest Side.
A man was recovering Friday morning after being shot several times in the Northwest Side’s Avondale neighborhood.
One man was killed and another was critically injured in an Avondale stabbing Saturday afternoon on the Northwest Side, police said.
A man was found fatally stabbed Sunday one block from his home in the Avondale neighborhood on the Northwest Side.
A 16-year-old boy was killed and his mother was critically injured when they were both shot in the head during a home invasion Tuesday morning in the Avondale neighborhood.
Two boys were grazed by bullets Thursday night in an apparent drive-by attack in the Northwest Side Avondale neighborhood.
- Woman Disputes Story Of Chicago Cop Who Shot Her DogTensions are boiling over in the Norwood Park neighborhood on Chicago's Northwest Side where an off-duty Chicago police officer shot and killed a dog, reports WBBM's Nancy Harty.189
- 3 Critically Hurt In Kennedy CrashThree people were critically injured in a crash on the Kennedy Expressway on the Northwest Side Sunday morning.271
- Woman Found Dead At O’HareA woman was found dead near a bus stop at O’Hare International Airport Saturday, authorities said.308
- Toddler Reunited With ParentsPolice on Sunday were looking for the parents or guardians of a little boy who was found in the West Side Douglas Park neighborhood.233
- A Dozen Illinoisans Come Within One Number Of $600M Powerball JackpotOne number in Saturday night’s Powerball drawing was the difference for a dozen Illinois players between being $10,000 richer and living the life of a multi-millionaire.403
- 12 Arrested After Youth ‘Flash Mobs’ Erupt On Michigan AvenueOne adult and 11 juveniles were arrested Saturday night after police responded to groups of teens running through traffic around North Michigan Avenue on the Gold Coast.410
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!
- Miller Lite ‘Take Me Out To The Ballpark’ Ticket Giveaway April 26, 2013Join The Score this summer at various locations throughout the Chicagoland area for your chance to win one of twenty pairs of tickets to a future White Sox game!