Back of the Yards
The outbreak of shootings came after a two-week period of relative calm and, once again, coincided with an improvement in the weather, as temperatures climbed into the 80s.
The boys, ages 15 and 16, were walking in the 1600 block of West 49th Street about 4:45 p.m. when someone came out of an alley and started shooting.
One firefighter was hurt battling an extra-alarm blaze at an abandoned New City factory that made parade floats Monday night on the South Side.
A man was fatally shot Friday night in the Back of the Yards neighborhood on the South Side.
A male was shot Saturday in the South Side Back of the Yards neighborhood.
Police are warning parents in the Back of the Yards about a man who tried to lure a teen boy into his car Tuesday.
Students at Richard J. Daley Elementary Academy, in the Back of the Yards neighborhood on the South Side, will get an early Christmas present from Santa on Thursday.
“I think it’s incredible. I mean, we couldn’t have asked for anything better,” January Overton said. “I truly believe that this is gonna change drastically what’s happening on our block, and in the area.”
A pair of South Side shootings less than 10 minutes apart Saturday night left a downstate Springfield man dead and five other people wounded.
A 15-year-old boy was critically wounded in a shooting in the Back of the Yards neighborhood Tuesday night on the South Side.
On a typical Chicago block on the city’s South Side, there’s a house that’s anything but typical.
Two people have been killed in Chicago this weekend, in shootings since Friday evening.
A man was killed and two teens were wounded in a shooting Saturday afternoon at a park in the Back of the Yards neighborhood on the South Side.
It was another violent start to the weekend on Chicago streets, with one man dead and at least six others injured in a series of shootings.
Police are searching for the gunman who shot and wounded a baby girl and her mother in the Back of the Yards neighborhood overnight.
A judge has denied bond for the 17-year-old man accused of killing another teenager in front of the victim’s mother and two brothers, outside a Back of the Yards laundromat last week.
A 17-year-old man has been charged with killing an Englewood teen in front of his mother and two brothers outside a laundromat in the Back of the Yards neighborhood.
A 15-year-old boy was killed in a shooting in the Back of the Yards neighborhood on the South Side on Tuesday afternoon.
Gunfire left one man dead and another wounded just after midnight in the South Shore neighborhood, and five others were wounded across the city in the overnight hours.
One man was killed, and six more were injured, in shootings around Chicago overnight.
- Florida Man Pleads Guilty In Fatal Stabbing Of Bears FanA Florida man has pleaded guilty to fatally stabbing a Bears fan who traveled to Jacksonville to see the Bears take on the Jaguars in October.619
- Man Critically Hurt In Jump From 3rd Floor Of HospitalA man was critically injured after attempting to jump from the window of a hospital Tuesday in the South Side Englewood neighborhood.201
- History Of Tornadoes In Chicago AreaTwisters with that kind of force that flattened Moore, Okla., have hit the Chicago area in the past, and have been extremely deadly.593
- Local Storm Chaser Describes ‘Sickening, Deafening Roar’ Of Oklahoma TornadoA south suburban man whose hobby is chasing storms was in Moore, Okla., on Monday when a massive tornado devastated the town, killing at least 24 people.224
- High School Duo Has Never Missed A Day Of ClassThey say no one's perfect, but one school in the far southwestern suburbs has not just one, but two students who have achieved perfection in one area.136
- Deadly Oklahoma Tornado Serves As Reminder To Prepare For Disasters“Tornado sheltering basics involved three steps – get in, get down and cover-up. The overall goal is to avoid flying and falling debris by putting as many barriers between you and the tornado as possible,” according to one expert at the National Weather Service in Norman, Oklahoma.121
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!