Of all the cat memes on the Internet, this one takes the cake.
When I think of really good bread, I picture Paris. Having the ability to pick up a nice, fresh baguette on your way home from work to bring to your family each night. The crunchiness on the outside and the softness in the inside is what makes it so Parisian. But in Chicago, we have to do without that elegance. There are a few bakeries here though, that are doing bread right.
The flagship Hostess product, the Twinkie, was invented by Schiller Park bakery manager James Dewar in 1930 under a precursor company, Continental Baking Co.
A settlement has been reached in a lawsuit filed by the owner of an Evanston bakery, who was suing a chef who quit and took the recipes with her when she left.
Members of the Latino community in the Humboldt Park neighborhood are not the slightest bit amused by a bakery’s choice of names for one of its desserts.
Nicko Grayson was accused of killing three people Nov. 5, including a young mother who had just returned to a car with a cake for her 2-year-old daughter’s birthday.
More than 100 people who worked at Rolf’s Patisserie are suing the owners of the Lincolnwood bakery following its abrupt closure last month.
There’s no reason to settle for spongy white bread – Chicago has a number of fantastic bakers, so we’ve tried to round up the cream of the crop.
A 19-year-old parolee from the West Side has been charged with robbing the Bleeding Heart Bakery in Oak Park and locking a clerk in the basement.
It may be a while before a landmark Skokie deli and bakery reopens after a devastating fire over the weekend.
An extra-alarm fire broke out Monday morning at a longtime Polish bakery on Milwaukee Avenue in Avondale. Locals say the demise of the business is a blow the neighborhood’s rich heritage.
If you’re feeling like a taste of Asian culture, head to Uptown’s New Chinatown, Little Saigon, or simply the Argyle Street District, now listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Summer is the best time to visit Edgewater and experience what living by the lake really means. Check out this go-to family fun guide.
A north suburban bakery will reopen Jan. 3 after voluntarily recalling deserts after health officials linked tainted holiday treats to four recent outbreaks of foodborne illness which sickened at least 100 people.
Downers Grove-based Sara Lee is selling its fresh bakery unit as it looks to concentrate more on its coffee and meat businesses. About 13,000 employees will be transferred.
People love their sweets, and in Chicago bakeries have taken it to the next level.
- State Discontinues Healthcare Funding For Disabled Stroke VictimUnconscionable. That's what a doctor calls a state decision to cut care funding for a patient.311
- Teen Says He Got E. Coli From Burrito At Lombard RestaurantA local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that's now the focus of an e coli outbreak.158
- Natura Pet Issues New Dog And Cat Food RecallNebraska-based Natura Pet Products has announced a new voluntary recall of multiple brands of dry pet food and treats. The decision comes after a positive test for Salmonella on April 3.7491
- Bakery Blunder Makes ‘Cat Cake’ A Viral SensationOf all the cat memes on the Internet, this one takes the cake.900
- Search Dog Tracks Missing Student To LakefrontVolunteers, friends and family were out in force Tuesday morning, resuming the search for a missing University of Chicago student.586
- Initial Tests ID Glittery Substance Along BeachIndiana environmental officials were investigating whether a Porter County manufacturer was responsible for a slick of glittery material that kept many swimmers out of Porter Beach on Monday.1095
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!