A woman robbed a Lakeview bank Tuesday afternoon on the city’s North Side.
A man and woman working together robbed a bank in the Southwest Side McKinley Park neighborhood on Wednesday afternoon.
Police and the FBI are looking for a man in a White Sox cap and Air Jordan shirt who robbed a northwest suburban bank on Monday morning.
The woman approached a teller at a bank in the 5300 block of North Broadway, said she had a gun and demanded money.
The robber, dubbed “The Bully Bandit” because of the aggressive manner in which he carries out his crimes, robbed a Chase Bank branch in the 2600 block of North Milwaukee Avenue on Saturday afternoon.
A Chase bank branch in the Northwest Side Logan Square neighborhood was robbed Saturday afternoon.
A man in a construction costume robbed a bank Wednesday in west suburban Downers Grove.
A 39-year-old man has been charged with robbing a Lincoln Park bank with his face wrapped in tape, but federal authorities have not yet officially tied him to a string of bank robberies committed by the so-called “Mummy Bandit.”
A bank branch inside of a North Side grocery store was robbed Saturday morning.
Police and the FBI are investigating a robbery at a Chase Bank branch in west suburban Glendale Heights on Monday morning.
Robbers struck a bank branch on the city’s Southwest Side and a credit union in Waukegan on Wednesday.
A man dubbed the “Mummy Bandit” by the FBI, because his head and face are covered, robbed a West Town bank Tuesday, marking at least four such crime committed while carrying various items such as stuffed toys and a bucket.
About 9:15 a.m., an unknown suspect entered the Fifth Third Bank branch at 1645 Larkin Ave. and announced the robbery, a release from Elgin police said. The suspect left the bank with an undisclosed amount of cash and fled in an unknown direction.
Four men attempted to rob a south suburban bank on Monday morning but left empty-handed, according to the FBI.
A man with a handgun robbed a Naperville bank Friday evening taking an undisclosed amount of cash.
The suspect, thought to be about 80 years old and walking with a cane, displayed a weapon and asked for money, the FBI said.
Police and federal agents are searching for a man who robbed a Bank of America branch in northwest suburban Mount Prospect on Thursday afternoon.
Judge Matthew Kennelly wore the nun costume to test out Navahcia Edwards’ defense that the May 2011 heist of a TCF Bank she worked at in south suburban Palos Heights was in fact carried out by a white robber, not an African-American like her.
A man dressed as a construction worker who robbed an Uptown bank branch in December struck the same branch again on Friday — this time carrying a stuffed toy.
The so-called Bully Bandit, who has now robbed six banks since late November, struck again Tuesday afternoon when he walked into a bank on the Northwest Side, according to officials with the FBI’s Chicago office.
- Two Charged With River North BurglariesTwo people have been charged with burglary in connection with a spate of robberies this month in the River North neighborhood.98
- Portage Theater Closed For NowThe 93-year-old landmark theater at 4050 N. Milwaukee Ave. was shut down on Friday after Ald. John Arena (45th) blocked Carranza’s application for a liquor license, according to Carranza.90
- Man Shot And Killed Inside Hyde Park HomeA murder in Hyde Park, just blocks away from President Barack Obama's home.213
- Noise From Music Fest At Chicagoland Speedway Has Neighbors Up In ArmsMost of the complaints seem to be coming from the east of the Chicagoland Speedway in new Lenox, Frankfort and Mokena as grandstands protect the other three sides.127
- Roseland Hospital Cuts Staff, Salaries To Keep Doors OpenAs it waits to hear if it’ll receive a $7 million bailout to stay open, Roseland Community Hospital laid off almost 70 employees, and other hospital employees will take a pay cut.89
- Rev. Jackson: School Closings UndemocraticOpponents of Chicago school closures are vowing to fight on, but they appear to have little chance of reversing the mayor's agenda... unless a federal judge steps in, reports WBBM's Mike Krauser.90
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!