A bank branch inside of a North Side grocery store was robbed Saturday morning.
A woman who allegedly robbed a South Side Washington Heights neighborhood bank last month apparently returned to try again but Friday morning, but was thwarted by sharp-eyed bank employees.
According to the FBI, a man carrying a red paper bag robbed the TCF Bank branch at 7201 W. 24th St. in North Riverside.
The man suspected of four Loop bank robberies in December.
A Loop bank branch that has been the target of several robberies was hit again Thursday morning by a man wearing a construction vest and scarf, police said.
The man gave the teller a note which said he had a gun and demanded money.
The Bronzeville neighborhood celebrated the opening of a new bank Thursday.
Authorities are looking for a serial bank robber who struck his seventh bank Monday afternoon in the Gold Coast neighborhood.
Only customers with a net worth above $50 million can bank at the newest division of Wells Fargo in Chicago, and skeptical customers want to know why any bank would cater to just the 1 percent.
Police are seeking two suspects who allegedly forced an 81-year-old woman to withdraw $9,000 in cash from a bank in south suburban Oak Lawn.
A Jeep Cherokee crashed right through the doors Thursday at a Harris Bank branch and kept driving.
The suspect, dubbed the “Schiller Park Bank Robber,” tried to rob the TCF Bank branch at 9343 W. Irving Park Rd. on Aug. 2, according to the FBI.
The City Council Zoning Committee on Tuesday gave approval to a plan to bring retail to an old bank building in Wicker Park.
Police are looking for a man who robbed a Loop bank Monday afternoon.
Beware of the midnight caller warning you of trouble with your bank. It may very well be a call from thieves, targeting your credit cards and cash. CBS 2’s Mike Parker reports on a vicious scam targeting Chicago seniors.
The vice president of a northwest Indiana bank embezzled more than $50,000 by taking out loans on customers’ accounts and increasing her own mortgage.
- Man Found Shot To Death In Zion Supermarket Parking LotPolice responded to calls of shots fired about 4:34 p.m. and found the man, whose age and identity were not immediately released, shot in the front seat of a vehicle in the 2800 block of Sheridan Road.138
- School Warns Parents Of Kidnapping Attempt On PlaygroundA man tried to abduct a 4th grader from the playground at Alexander Graham Bell Elementary School at 3730 N Oakley Ave on Wednesday.136
- Senate Passes Ban On Handheld Cell Phones While DrivingThe proposal says drivers must use hands-free devices or speakerphone features.127
- Three Stabbed On Northwest SideThree teenagers were stabbed in the Belmont Cragin area Thursday night on the Northwest Side.142
- Students Disciplined For ‘Sexting’ Incident At Evanston Township HighIn a letter to parents dated Thursday, District 202 Supt. Eric Witherspoon wrote that girls sent inappropriate photos to members of the varsity baseball team.265
- Cops Crack Down On Retailers Who Sell Stolen GoodsA new law in Illinois is allowing police and retailers to work together to crack down on organized retail theft. CBS 2's Mike Puccinelli reports.117
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!