A conservative watch dog group is warning of dark days ahead for the entire state unless Illinois mends it’s financial ways, and soon
In a city well-practiced in the way of scams, this is a new one.
Tribune Co. emerged from a Chapter 11 restructuring Monday, more than four years after the media company sought bankruptcy protection.
A federal grand jury has accused a 39-year-old woman of defrauding Chicago-based Tribune Co. during its lengthy bankruptcy.
The update on the sale process came as Hostess also received approval to give its top executives bonuses totaling up to $1.8 million for meeting certain budget goals to bring down costs during the liquidation.
Hostess Brands Inc. lived to die another day.
Hostess Brands Inc. and its second largest union will go into mediation to try and resolve their differences, meaning the company won’t go out of business just yet. The news came Monday after Hostess moved to liquidate and sell off its assets in bankruptcy court citing a crippling strike last week.
Hostess, the maker of Twinkies, Ding Dongs and Wonder Bread, is going out of business, and customers have been rushing to local stores to grab their favorite fatty, sugary snacks before they’re gone.
The flagship Hostess product, the Twinkie, was invented by Schiller Park bakery manager James Dewar in 1930 under a precursor company, Continental Baking Co.
American Airlines pilots will be holding an informational picket at O’Hare International Airport Thursday afternoon, in the midst of an ongoing labor dispute.
The famed Chicago clothing retailer Mark Shale is will be closing three of its stores.
A local organization helping Chicago-area women cope with breast cancer abruptly shuts its doors — and is filing for bankruptcy.
A Chicago firm is soliciting offers for the sale of Green Garden Country Club in Frankfort, part of the ongoing bankruptcy case of former gas station magnate William J. McEnery.
The bankruptcy of Michael’s Fresh Market has drawn concerns about the store that stepped in to fill a vacancy in the South Kenwood neighborhood, after the Hyde Park Co-Op had left the site vacant for years.
The sale of the Chicago Sun-Times is a done deal.
With bankruptcy looming over the U.S. Postal Service, it’s possible that next-day delivery will no longer be an option.
American Airlines is seeking Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection as it seeks to unload massive debt created by high jet fuel prices and labor problems.
A federal bankruptcy judge has ordered a public auction of the iconic Moo & Oink grocery store chain, which shut down in September.
A Minnesota investment firm has taken over two northwestern Indiana casinos as the casino company continues going through bankruptcy reorganization.
So far, Chicago native Sharon Bialek is the only one of four women who have accused Republican presidential candidate Herman Cain of sexual harassment to speak out publicly about the allegations. Now, a day after she came forward, we are learning more about her and her reasons for going public.
- Should Indoor Sprinklers Be Mandatory For New Homes?Safety advocates say new construction should include indoor sprinklers to make homes more fireproof. CBS 2's Chris Martinez looks at both sides of the debate.149
- Cop Shoots Trucker In Parking Lot Of Merrillville, Ind. Planned ParenthoodA police-involved shooting occurred in the parking lot of a Planned Parenthood office in Merrillville, Ind. Monday afternoon.254
- 25 Years Ago, Laurie Dann Went On Deadly Rampage On North ShoreIt was 25 years ago today when a tragedy unfolded in Winnetka.246
- Neighbor’s Dog Seriously Injures 9-Year-Old BoyA nephew of the dog owner was able to pull the animal off the boy, who suffered bites to his arms and legs.321
- Storms Likely On Monday Afternoon, EveningWarm, humid air over Chicago is likely to create some strong, isolated thunderstorms around the evening rush hour on Monday.431
- Three Teens Arrested After Large Fight On Lakefront On South SideThree teens were arrested on Sunday, after police broke up a large fight along the lakefront in the Jackson Park neighborhood.337
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!