The deep fryers are on overdrive as the kitchen at Jimmy Green’s in the South Loop prepares for another big Blackhawks crowd.
A man is in custody for allegedly jumping out a bathroom stall and stabbing a man in the neck at a bar early Sunday.
Christmas may only come once a year, but the bars featured below like to stay in the spirit all year long. With twinkling Christmas lights hung every day there’s a cozy boost in store for you whenever you’re in the mood for a little holiday magic.
I had been inside Headquarters Beercade for less than five minutes when it hit me: This place was unlike any other bar–or arcade–I had ever been to. Located in Chicago’s Lakeview neighborhood, Headquarters Beercade seamlessly fuses together spectacular craft beer and cocktails with classic arcade games…
University of Chicago students who have outgrown the frat party scene have been complaining about the dearth of nightlife in Hyde Park for decades. But they will soon have one more option besides taking a seat at the long bar at Jimmy’s Woodlawn Tap.
These local bars in Chicago will not only offer you a great drink, but serve as ideal hot spots to make contacts and help you network for both business and pleasure.
A developmentally disabled Algonquin woman abandoned by her mother in a bar in Tennessee has been made a ward of that state, after prosecutors determined her mother didn’t break any laws when she left her there.
All bands have to have their first show somewhere. That venue will probably be a living room, a basement, or a “co-operative event space/art incubator/creativity collective,” which is really just to say some industrial-sized living room. And these venues are fine and dandy and a lot of fun! But should you tire of playing The Spork Fort and Loveship Factory, there are real-life, honest to God licensed venues out there…
The parents of a 25-year-old Marine from Elmwood Park who didn’t make it back from Afghanistan have honored a request made by their son.
A Valparaiso man is facing serious criminal charges, after two women said he got drunk in a bar, reached under their clothes and forcibly groped them.
So you’re a bar expert. You know all the best local dives. You’ve written the name of the cutest bartender with little hearts over the eyes. You probably even know the best place to go for a good Malort cocktail. Congrats on all that. Now let’s focus on something a little more important, shall we? Feng Shui. Atmosphere. A vibe, man. What bars have the right stuff? Here’s a list…
To use a cliché and say that The Logan Theatre has “had a facelift” would be an understatement. Everything seems new. From the floor to the ceiling, the insides of The Logan barely seem like the same theatre. In fact, everything is so darn nice, dates won’t be offended when I take them there anymore. How unfortunate.
There are a lot of factors that take a dive bar from the shallow, dirty gutters of “bad” and somehow, miraculously make it “good.” Hidden Cove, with it’s karaoke, is a great dive bar, encompassing everything good and nice about dive bars…
Hungry Brain is a Roscoe Village bar that’s a dive, but in the good kind of way, inviting to everyone and anyone. Take a look at what The Bartender has to say about the place and its customers. Find out why you might want to check it out.
In Evanston, the mayor is expected to make a ruling Tuesday on whether to revoke the liquor license from a popular nightclub which has become well-known among teenagers.
When a 24-year-old man who had gotten into an altercation with another man in a Wrigleyville bar early Sunday saw that man approach him later as he stood outside, he thought he was getting a hug, but the other man stabbed him, police said.
You can smell the smoker used at Barn & Company, a BBQ bar, a block away. The atmosphere is overwhelmingly fun! The layout is as big as a barn, the lighting is warehouse-bright, and the wood walls are adorned with pigs…
A South Side man was ordered held without bond after being caught hiding in a Loop tavern after unsuccessfully trying to nab an iPhone from a CTA customer early Saturday.
Darts. A word that is most definitely synonymous with old people and jolly old England. If you’re looking for a decent neighborhood bar with something more to do while you chug and sip, darts is one option that seems to be making a decent comeback in the Chicagoland area.
Lots of food and drink may seal an atypical deal on a north suburban Glenview home.
- Some People You Should Know: The MelodeersIt all began when barbershop patrons started singing while waiting to get their hair cut. A century or so later, the Melodeers chorus is taking the music to a dazzling new height with 140 ladies singing in unaccompanied four-part harmony. CBS 2's Harry Porterfield reports.155
- Mother Of Student Pushed Down School Stairs ‘Enraged’ At Security GuardNew video surfaced Friday that appears to show sophomore Lauren Goodlow being pushed by a male security guard. CBS 2's Dorothy Tucker reports.329
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.220
- Two Shot Near Roosevelt CTA StationAround 11:10 a.m., a 57-year-old man and a 30-year-old man were shot in the 1100 block of South State Street.256
- Store Owner Kidnapped In Pilsen, SUV StolenPolice said the 78-year-old man was closing the store in the 1100 block of West 18th Street when a group of men threw a pillowcase over his head, hit him in the face, and forced him into his own SUV.248
- Man Found Shot To Death In Zion Supermarket Parking LotThe man found shot to death in a parking in north suburban Zion on Thursday afternoon has been identified as a Waukegan resident.152
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!