A west suburban woman has been sentenced to prison for her fourth DUI arrest after she dropped her child off at school while intoxicated.
A man was killed and two others injured in a traffic crash in west suburban Batavia Friday evening.
In separate incidents in downtown Chicago and west suburban Batavia, men armed with handguns robbed two bank branches on Saturday.
A health scare for parents and students in the far west suburbs: Tests turned up the bacteria that causes legionnaires’ disease at three separate schools.
Fermilab scientists are breaking new ground, with a project that most of would admit is hard to get our arms around.
A 7-year-old Batavia boy is being called a hero for rescuing a toddler from a backyard pool.
A 19-year old Batavia man cooling his heels in the Kane County Jail, because of two weekend parties at his house and an attempt to escape from police custody on top of it.
A Batavia man who is due in court Wednesday morning on rape charges actually drove his victim to the hospital, according to police.
Police said the man, identified only as a 46-year-old white male, suffered injuries. But the cause of the injuries is unknown.
A Batavia woman has been charged with stabbing a man to death Monday in an apartment in the western suburb.
A busy intersection in Batavia was shut down Friday morning, after a crash that left some people injured.
Stories about political signs that get people upset are nothing unusual, especially in an election year. But in this case, it’s where the signs were placed that has people upset, not the message.
Some gigantic American White Pelicans have flown into Batavia’s Nelson Lake about two weeks early, with 9-foot wingspans and appetites to match.
The family of a Cicero teenager is suing in federal court in Chicago, accusing a West Chicago police officer of shooting at their car and wounding him.
A traffic chase between an off-duty police officer and a car involved in a hit-and-run accident in the west suburbs Saturday ended on Fermi Lab property when the officer opened fire on the car, striking someone in the backseat.
Treacherous, ice-covered roads early Thursday were blamed for numerous serious accidents across the Chicago area.
The Metra Union Pacific West Line was shut down for some time Thursday morning, after a train hit an empty car in West Chicago.
After 81 years in business, Avenue Motor Sales in Batavia will close its doors for the last time on Friday.
Two businesses in Batavia have been found selling synthetic marijuana — prompting police and aldermen in the western suburb to support a ban on the sale or delivery, possession or use of the substance.
A west suburban man faces 14 counts of child pornography after police seized hundreds of DVDs and CDs at his Batavia home.
- The List: Chicago Schools To Be ClosedThe Chicago School Board voted to close 49 underutilized or underperforming elementary schools on Wednesday as part of a plan to close a $1 billion budget deficit.492
- Board Votes To Close 49 Chicago Elementary SchoolsThe Chicago Board of Education on Wednesday voted to close 49 elementary schools, in what is believed to be the biggest single mass shutdown of schools in U.S. history.4834
- Lockdown Lifted At Morton West High SchoolMorton West High School has been placed on lock down for precautionary reasons after an unknown individual entered the building.558
- Former Glenbard East Student Accused Of Planning Columbine-Type AttackA 19-year-old former student at Glenbard East High School in Lombard was in custody on Wednesday, accused of planning a "Columbine-style" attack on the school, with a list of people he wanted to target.561
- Woman Robs North Side BankA woman robbed a Lakeview bank Tuesday afternoon on the city’s North Side.262
- Four Schools To Be Spared From Closing; Another To Be DelayedHours before a final vote by the Chicago Board of Education, Chicago Public Schools officials have agreed to back off of plans to close four of the 53 elementary schools targeted for closing at the end of the school year, Board Vice President Jesse Ruiz confirmed Wednesday morning.415
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!