The Bowl Championship Series will be replaced by the College Football Playoff.
A report from Sports Illustrated claims members of Alabama’s 2012 National Championship team received banned substances produced by Sports with Alternatives to Steroids prior to the BCS championship game.
Alabama rolled to its second consecutive BCS championship, and third in four seasons, beating No. 1 Notre Dame 42-14 in a BCS championship game that was no classic after all.
To help you out, Adam Hoge ranked all 35 bowl games in order of how much attention you should pay to each one.
Considering the Orange Bowl is played in the state of Florida, you would think it would be pretty easy for Florida State to sell more tickets than Northern Illinois for the New Year’s Day bowl game.
The matchups are set and fans can now begin preparing to watch their favorite college team in a bowl game.
The postgame roars from Notre Dame’s locker room echoed right through the Coliseum’s thick cement walls and metal beams Saturday night, moving around the 89-year-old arena like a long-absent force of nature.
Armed with an 11-0 record and a shot at the National Championship, No. 1 Notre Dame is back on top.
Notre Dame was No. 1 in The Associated Press college football poll released Sunday and Alabama was No. 2 after a pair of stunning Saturday night upsets rearranged the rankings. When the BCS standings came out later Sunday, they lined up the same way.
Notre Dame (.9396) is third, not too far behind, but most likely in need of a loss by Oregon or Kansas State to reach the title game on Jan. 7 in Miami.
Notre Dame coach Brian Kelly isn’t interested in stepping in to the debate over which teams should play in the national title game.
Big Ten commissioner Jim Delany expects the new college football playoff to be finalized by Jan. 1, but he ruled out the possibility of the new four-team tournament starting next season.
Notre Dame is ranked fifth in the BCS Standings.
Here’s what you need to know about the new postseason format put together by the commissioners of the 11 major college football conferences and Notre Dame’s athletic director.
So, major college football is finally getting a playoff. Now, can it get a new name, too?
I have said it once and I will say it again: If a team doesn’t win their conference championship, they SHOULD NOT be allowed to play for the national championship. I don’t care if Alabama did beat LSU in last seasons’ BCS National Championship game, I still don’t believe that they deserved to be there in the first place.
If the Big Ten athletic directors are any indication, they are going to find a way to mess this up.
The 11 BCS Commissioners and Notre Dame Athletic Director Jack Swarbrick released a statement Wednesday updating their discussions about potential changes to college football’s postseason.
As those in charge of college football continue to meet in Dallas, discussing the fate of the BCS, it appears the Big Ten’s proposed playoff plan may not fly among the rest of the college football teams.
It’s a debate that has gone nowhere for years: should college football use a playoff system or the bowl system?
- Store Owner Kidnapped In Pilsen, SUV StolenPolice said the 78-year-old man was closing the store in the 1100 block of West 18th Street when a group of men threw a pillowcase over his head, hit him in the face, and forced him into his own SUV.239
- Man Found Shot To Death In Zion Supermarket Parking LotPolice responded to calls of shots fired about 4:34 p.m. and found the man, whose age and identity were not immediately released, shot in the front seat of a vehicle in the 2800 block of Sheridan Road.152
- School Warns Parents Of Kidnapping Attempt On PlaygroundA man tried to abduct a 4th grader from the playground at Alexander Graham Bell Elementary School at 3730 N Oakley Ave on Wednesday.150
- Senate Passes Ban On Handheld Cell Phones While DrivingThe proposal says drivers must use hands-free devices or speakerphone features.127
- Three Stabbed On Northwest SideThree teenagers were stabbed in the Belmont Cragin area Thursday night on the Northwest Side.142
- Students Disciplined For ‘Sexting’ Incident At Evanston Township HighIn a letter to parents dated Thursday, District 202 Supt. Eric Witherspoon wrote that girls sent inappropriate photos to members of the varsity baseball team.265
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!