Bears Training Camp
With the Chicago Bears entering the final year of their contract with Olivet Nazarene University, the summer of 2013 could be the last that the team spends in Bourbonnais for its annual training camp.
And while Yohnka knows his invitation may have no better chance connecting than a Hail Mary, he is hoping that on Saturday, July 28, Cutler might agree to duck away from ONU after practice to visit the Merchant Street MusicFest, a two-day event that last year drew an estimated 11,000 people to downtown Kankakee.
Throughout Lovie Smith’s tenure as head coach, his camps have been “player-friendly”. Meaning the practices have been thorough, but are less physical than other teams.
The Bears have had one practice screwed up due to the ridiculous turf situation at Soldier Field. They lost another one last night because the lighting went bad at Olivet Nazarene University.
The Bears released their first unofficial depth chart Wednesday in advance of Saturday’s preseason game against the Bills. There aren’t any major surprises, but there are some interesting battles.
Laurence Holmes has a complete recap of the first day of Bears training camp in Bourbonnais.
Bourbonnais is known statewide as the “Summer Home of the Chicago Bears” having played host to the team’s training camp every year since 2002.
The Bears will report to training camp Friday with their first practice scheduled for Saturday morning in Bourbonnais. Halas Hall will be open to players Tuesday.
The Chicago Bears are close to a two-year extension with Olivet Nazarene University to keep the team’s training camp in Bourbonnais through 2013, according the Chicago Tribune.
LAKE FOREST, Ill. — Chicago Bears linebacker Brian Urlacher will miss Saturday’s preseason game against the Arizona Cardinals as he nurses a left calf muscle strain.
NASHVILLE, Tenn. — Matt Leinart has been benched after just two preseason games, this after the Arizona Cardinals gave him the starting job following Kurt Warner’s retirement. It could be just a temporary move — […]
Bears linebacker, Nick Roach, underwent an arthroscopic debridement on his left knee. For those outside of the medical field, what this mean is that Roach had minor knee surgery and will in fact be able […]
Now I’m even more confused than usual. If I’m reading today’s Trib hypothesis correctly, Chris Williams is bad at blocking because he has been practicing against Julius Peppers. The key word being “because,” in this […]
Today the Bears have confirmed the signing of QB Todd Collins to a reported one-year contract. The journeyman QB has played for three teams in his career since being drafted 45th overall in 1995.
CHICAGO (AP) The Bears and Raiders might both be using quarterbacks they didn’t plan to in their preseason game. Injuries to two Oakland quarterbacks could result in playing time Saturday for the recently acquired Colt […]
BOURBONNAIS, Ill. (AP) The Chicago Bears believe Matt Gutierrez could be exactly what they need at quarterback even though he lacks much in the way of NFL credentials. Gutierrez signed a one-year contract and went […]
By Nick Shepkowski- (WSCR) A night out with Dan Bernstein, Laurence Holmes, Matt Abbatacola, and Jason Goff is entertaining enough before you add in members of the Chicago Bears. With us all in Bourbonnais for […]
We broadcast from the Bears’ practice field for the final time of Camp Lovie 2010 (the final Camp Lovie?), as the Bears prepare to close things to the public soon and work in earnest on […]
The Bears announced that they have signed quarterback Matt Gutierrez to a one-year contact and defensive back Aaron Webster to a two-year contract.
We have learned some details on the various injuries the Bears suffered during this past weekend’s preseason loss to the Chargers. The Score’s Zach Zaidman reports:
- Cops Crack Down On Retailers Who Sell Stolen GoodsA new law in Illinois is allowing police and retailers to work together to crack down on organized retail theft. CBS 2's Mike Puccinelli reports.117
- Jury Sides With Donald Trump In Condo Dispute With Woman, 87A federal jury has sided with developer Donald Trump -- not the 87-year-old woman who says she was cheated financially after buying two condominiums at his Trump Tower project.1056
- VIDEO: Guard Allegedly Pushes Dunbar Student Down StairsAn employee at a public high school in the Bronzeville neighborhood has been taken off the job after being recorded on cell phone video pushing a girl down a set of stairs.408
- Concealed Carry Bill Moves To House Floor, But Senate ObjectsA concealed-carry gun deal brokered by House Speaker Michael Madigan cleared a House committee Thursday, but its prospects were unclear across the Capitol in the Senate because of the way it would curb existing local gun laws.165
- Four Hurt In Wrong-Way Crash On Chicago SkywayA 25-year-old man has been cited for driving the wrong way on the Chicago Skyway, after a head-on crash with a pickup truck Thursday morning that sent four people to hospitals.232
- Student Pulled Over And Robbed By Phony Police OfficerA man driving an unmarked white Ford Crown Victoria with interior flashing red and blue lights pulled the student over near Ballard and Bender roads in Des Plaines as she was driving to school around 7:30 a.m. on May 20.340
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!