An elderly woman was beaten to death inside her South Shore home, and one of her daughters found her body on Mother’s Day.
A public defender’s plea for a low bond so a murder suspect could take his college exams fell on deaf ears, as a judge set his bail at $500,000.
On Dec. 22, 2012, police responded about 3:15 a.m. to the 7200 block of South Bennett Avenue and found Steven Cannon unconscious.
The estranged husband of a Chicago woman is in custody after she apparently beaten to death during a northwest Indiana barricade situation early Tuesday.
Three teens accused of attacking a man in a West Rogers Park alley and posting video of the fatal beating online were allegedly playing a game called “pick ‘em out and knock ‘em out.”
A 27-year-old man has been charged with murder, for allegedly killing a teenage girl and leaving her body in a Dumpster in Hammond, Ind.
Seven people are dead and at least another 21 people have been wounded in acts of violence across the city since Friday afternoon.
A man was beaten and suffocated after two men bound him and two women in his Northwest Side apartment, then ransacked the home early Sunday.
A 2-year-old South Side girl who was found unresponsive in her bed, with bite and scratch marks on her body, was beaten to death and her death has been ruled a homicide, an autopsy Sunday has determined.
An 80-year-old man with Alzheimer’s disease was beaten to death at an Oak Park nursing home and police said Tuesday it appears another resident is to blame.
Cook County Public Guardian Robert Harris is criticizing the Department of Children and Family Service’s handling of a case involving a Southwest Side boy killed on his fourth birthday.
A day after she was charged with concealing the death of her 4-year-old son at the hands of her boyfriend, a 28-year-old woman has been charged with murder.
A man who disappeared after the beating death of his sister in Naperville was charged Monday with four counts of murder, one count of home invasion and one count of burglary.
A Carpentersville man allegedly beat an elderly woman to death in her garage last month and then used the victim’s engagement and wedding rings to propose to his girlfriend.
A 15-year-old boy was charged with murder Saturday for allegedly beating to death an off-duty Chicago Police officer during a domestic dispute Friday morning at the South Side home she shared with several grandchildren.
Three teenagers stand charged with beating a man to death at a bus stop for his cell phone.
A 73-year-old woman was found beaten to death over the weekend in the garage of her home in Bridgeport.
Police were questioning a suspect Thursday morning in the murder of a Northwest Side man who was found beaten to death in his basement.
A man was discovered beaten to death in his Northwest Side home Wednesday, and a homicide investigation is underway.
A 17-year-old boy high school student has been arrested and charged with beating his parents to death in their home in unincorporated Palos Park.
- Man Charged With Videotaping Women In Hospital WashroomA poorly secured cell phone in a west suburban hospital washroom that a man had allegedly set up to secretly videotape women in the toilet area was discovered by a woman when the phone fell to the washroom floor on Friday. She alerted police, who then arrested and charged a 49-year-old Franklin Park man with unlawful videotaping.156
- Young Man Shot Outside Old Orchard Shopping CenterA young man was wounded in a shooting in north suburban Skokie Friday night, outside the Old Orchard Shopping Center.227
- 3 Dead, 8 Shot In Citywide ViolenceThree men were killed and at least eight other people were wounded in violence around the city since Friday night.167
- Orange Line Service Resumes After Train-Pedestrian IncidentCTA commuters were temporarily stymied on the Orange Line during the Friday rush hour after a train fatally struck a man on the tracks.401
- Illinois Senate Passes Medical Marijuana LegislationIllinois Gov. Pat Quinn must decide if he will sign a measure allowing the use of marijuana for medical purposes after the state Senate approved legislation on Friday.1238
- Teen Fatally Stabbed In Fight Outside Suburban Grocery StoreRomeoville police say a 17-year-old boy and a 22-year-old man got into a fight in the parking lot outside the Jewel-Osco on Weber Road.432
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!