When Pierre Scarbrough realized his 11-year-old daughter had eaten his ice cream, prosecutors say the South Side man and his girlfriend plotted for hours to beat the little girl with an electrical cord when she came home from school.
Three teenage girls have been charged, and police are searching for a fourth, after they allegedly hit a 12-year-old boy with a ketchup bottle; and stole cash, jewelry, and cell phones from the boy’s home in Palatine.
Dennis Tisdale was beaten so severely with a bat he went into a coma. Now, for the first time, that victim is speaking out about what happened and the search for suspect, who is still out there. CBS 2’s Pamela Jones reports.
Three men have been sentenced to probation for a July 2012 beating in Wrigleyville that left four injured — including a police officer — and was filmed as a part of a rap video.
One man was beaten to death at a CTA station, a 16-year-old boy was fatally shot and at least 15 other people were wounded in separate acts of violence across the city this weekend.
Police are looking for a 22-year-old south suburban man suspected of severely beating and stabbing his mother Monday, then driving off after dumping her in a ditch.
A northwest suburban Elgin man was ordered held without bond after he allegedly invaded the home of his estranged wife, used a pipe to beat a man he found there and later was hit by a truck — all on the night of Valentine’s Day.
Two Cook County Jail guards were charged Thursday with arranging the beating of an 18-year-old inmate after he short-circuited power in the jail.
The victim of an alleged abduction and carjacking that began in Chicago’s River North area early Friday and ended in northwest suburban Schaumburg wants police to stop their investigation and will not pursue charges if the alleged offender is found, according to police.
On Dec. 22, 2012, police responded about 3:15 a.m. to the 7200 block of South Bennett Avenue and found Steven Cannon unconscious.
The 19-year-old Richton Park man who allegedly was kidnapped and beaten said he eventually was able to talk his way out of his situation and escape.
Terry Reichert spent last Tuesday night shooting pool with his brother. The following morning, the 51-year Oak Lawn man was found unconscious at the door of his home, the apparent victim of severe beating.
A 46-year-old southwest suburban man was denied bond Thursday after being charged with beating and trying to strangle his elderly father over the weekend.
A south suburban man who admitted that he routinely beat his 13-year-old son and chained the boy to a dryer at night pleaded guilty last week and was sentenced two months in jail and probation.
A federal jury has ruled against the city of Chicago and a former Chicago police officer, in a civil trial alleging a code of silence in the Chicago Police Department led to the brutal beating of a female bartender five years ago.
The potentially landmark civil trial that confronts the sensitive question head-on of whether there’s a code of silence and protection ingrained in Chicago’s police department was turned over to the jury Wednesday.
One of the highest ranking members of the Chicago Police Department took the witness stand Tuesday, and was grilled about her role in an alleged cover-up of the beating of a female bartender at the hands of a drunk Chicago cop in 2007.
Police are looking for a man who beat, robbed and tried to rape a woman early Friday in the Edgewater neighborhood.
An autopsy has determined that two men found dead inside a truck earlier this week were beaten to death.
Two men were stabbed and another was battered early Sunday on Division near State, outside a stretch of popular bars on the Near North Side.
- BREAKING: Jury Sides With Donald Trump In Condo Dispute With Woman, 87A federal jury has sided with developer Donald Trump -- not the 87-year-old woman who says she was cheated financially after buying two condominiums at his Trump Tower project.1056
- Employee At Dunbar High Suspended After Pushing Student Down StairsAn employee at a public high school in the Bronzeville neighborhood has been taken off the job after being recorded on cell phone video pushing a girl down a set of stairs.408
- Concealed Carry Bill Moves To House Floor, But Senate ObjectsA concealed-carry gun deal brokered by House Speaker Michael Madigan cleared a House committee Thursday, but its prospects were unclear across the Capitol in the Senate because of the way it would curb existing local gun laws.165
- Four Hurt In Wrong-Way Crash On Chicago SkywayA 25-year-old man has been cited for driving the wrong way on the Chicago Skyway, after a head-on crash with a pickup truck Thursday morning that sent four people to hospitals.232
- Student Pulled Over And Robbed By Phony Police OfficerA man driving an unmarked white Ford Crown Victoria with interior flashing red and blue lights pulled the student over near Ballard and Bender roads in Des Plaines as she was driving to school around 7:30 a.m. on May 20.340
- Census Data: Chicago Slowest Growing Big City In U.S.Chicago gained nearly 10,000 people from July 2011 to July 2012, but was the slowest-growing major city in the country according to U.S. Census Bureau estimates released Thursday.130
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!