Two men were stabbed and another was battered early Sunday on Division near State, outside a stretch of popular bars on the Near North Side.
A west suburban woman could go to prison for the next 14 years for failing to stop her boyfriend from beating her daughter, who was under 2 years old at the time.
Authorities have charged a teen in the beating of an off-duty Chicago Police officer who was involved in an accident in Maywood over the weekend.
An East Lakeview neighborhood man called police early Friday and admitted to beating his dog to death.
James Wesolaski admitted he had struck the animal, a Lhasa Apso named Teddy, after becoming angry when the dog bit him and escaped from his home.
At least five people were killed, and 23 others were wounded, by gunfire and other violence in Chicago this past weekend.
Just three days ago, he suffered a horrible beating, and the injuries World War II Navy veteran Porter Cross had suffered had confined him to bed. But when CBS 2’s Derrick Blakley caught up with cross on Thursday, his spirits had been lifted by Chicago’s outpouring of love.
Police were seeking the man who pummeled an unarmed security guard outside a Bronzeville apartment complex on Saturday.
A new comic is recounting the NATO Summit back in May in cartoon form, and it doesn’t share the admiration for Chicago Police officers that dominated the headlines in the days after the summit.
A Chicago Police officer is being sued for alleged brutality and is under investigation by the Independent Police Review Authority, two years after an incident on the Northwest Side.
A man was beaten and robbed in the early morning hours Friday in front of the Flat Iron building in Wicker Park.
Police in southwest suburban Joliet say a man beat a woman who is 8 months pregnant and kept her from seeking medical treatment.
Three Chicago police officers who were acquitted of criminal charges in connection with a 2006 bar fight were back in court Monday.
A Facebook and Twitter rivalry between high school girls has resulted in suspensions and a referral for expulsion, after a girl was attacked in the school hallway.
An Elgin woman is facing federal charges after she allegedly encouraged her teenage daughter to beat up another girl and then videotaped the assault.
A teen charged with a hate crime in Oak Park says he attacked and beat up his victim because he was angry about the Trayvon Martin case.
A paraplegic man claims two Chicago Police officers beat him and knocked him out of his wheelchair during a confrontation at a Loop doughnut shop.
A suburban college student was beaten at Illinois State University over the weekend and he said he was targeted because he was gay.
A young woman from Northern Ireland who was brutally beaten in a Chicago robbery is still struggling two years later.
Two boys from Michigan City – ages 7 and 8 – are accused of savagely beating their school bus driver and two bus aides last week.
- Divers Pull Body From Lake Michigan On South SideA young man's body has been pulled from Lake Michigan, not far from where a missing University of Chicago student is believed to have been when he vanished during last week's thunderstorms.405
- Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School ProblemsA day before the first set of school closings was set to begin, Chicago Teachers Union President Karen Lewis had some harsh words about how the Chicago Public Schools are funded and managed, blaming much of the district’s problems on racism.5351
- Man Shot To Death In South Suburban HomewoodNineteen-year-old Homewood resident Henry Kormoi died from at least one gunshot wound he suffered near home in the 1100 block of 187th Street.112
- State Discontinues Healthcare Funding For Disabled Stroke VictimUnconscionable. That's what a doctor calls a state decision to cut care funding for a patient.311
- Teen Says He Got E. Coli From Burrito At Lombard RestaurantA local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that's now the focus of an e coli outbreak.158
- Natura Pet Issues New Dog And Cat Food RecallNebraska-based Natura Pet Products has announced a new voluntary recall of multiple brands of dry pet food and treats. The decision comes after a positive test for Salmonella on April 3.7491
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!