A man is dead after being hit by a car on Chicago’s Northwest Side.
While barber shops may seem like a ubiquitous dime a dozen, there’s quite a lot that can set one apart from another. Often its the little touches that make a shop special, like a particularly good value, eccentric decor, the effortless precision of a master barber with a few good jokes, complimentary beer, or the owner’s dog lounging at your feet while you wait. Here’s a list of some of the best places in town to become a regular customer at that will keep you looking tight.
Police say a panhandler over the weekend followed a man off an ‘L’ train at the busy Belmont stop, then attacked the man and knocked him to the ground for giving him a mere $2.
Power problems at two of the CTA’s busiest ‘L’ stops brought delays to three lines at the height of the morning rush Tuesday.
A Brown Line train struck a vehicle near the Francisco stop Tuesday afternoon and service was stopped on the North Side between the Belmont and Kimball stops as crews worked to clear the scene.
Track maintenance beginning Tuesday will affect Red Line ‘L’ riders at the busy Belmont station, and between the Cermak-Chinatown and 35th Street stations on the Dan Ryan leg.
The Chicago ‘L’ is the nation’s most romantic transit system. I must get stuck on the wrong train cars. Anyways, I’ve compiled a list of the best date spots near each of the five top mobile love shacks in Chicago. To your love!
While users’ descriptions of the Chicago ‘L” system might range from efficient to frustrating, would one really call it romantic? Actually, a recent study by Craigslist says yes.
Music and entertainment lovers flock to this annual festival for a weekend of great music and partying with good friends. The fun runs this Memorial Day Weekend, Saturday and Sunday, May 28th & 29th from noon to 10pm, located on Sheffield Avenue between Belmont and School Street.
A minor derailment caused major delays on the Red, Brown and Purple ‘L’ lines Tuesday morning.
All the buzz this Monday revolves around seeding, matchups and bracket busters. In my world, there are only two ways to fill out a winning bracket.
Reports of smoke in the Belmont Blue Line subway station sent several firefighters and ambulances to the Northwest Side, but turned out to be unfounded.
A 16-year-old girl was able to escape a brutal sexual assault attempt after the man slammed her head repeatedly into a building and punched her in the face.
- Divers Pull Body From Lake Michigan On South SideA young man's body has been pulled from Lake Michigan, not far from where a missing University of Chicago student is believed to have been when he vanished during last week's thunderstorms.328
- Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School ProblemsA day before the first set of school closings was set to begin, Chicago Teachers Union President Karen Lewis had some harsh words about how the Chicago Public Schools are funded and managed, blaming much of the district’s problems on racism.526
- Man Shot To Death In South Suburban HomewoodNineteen-year-old Homewood resident Henry Kormoi died from at least one gunshot wound he suffered near home in the 1100 block of 187th Street.112
- State Discontinues Healthcare Funding For Disabled Stroke VictimUnconscionable. That's what a doctor calls a state decision to cut care funding for a patient.311
- Teen Says He Got E. Coli From Burrito At Lombard RestaurantA local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that's now the focus of an e coli outbreak.158
- Natura Pet Issues New Dog And Cat Food RecallNebraska-based Natura Pet Products has announced a new voluntary recall of multiple brands of dry pet food and treats. The decision comes after a positive test for Salmonella on April 3.7491
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!