An alert parent is credited with helping police arrest a Chicago man who allegedly grabbed a Fenton High School student and threatened her with a knife Friday.
Firefighters were battling a large house fire in northwest suburban Bensenville early Monday.
Detectives from Chicago and the suburbs believe they finally got their man. Police plan to announce charges on Wednesday for a man arrested in connection with the robberies of more than a dozen local hair salons.
Charges against Adan Ozuna include unlawful possession of a stolen vehicle, endangering the life of a child, and driving with a revoked license, Bensenville police announced in a news release Friday.
Police have canceled an Amber Alert after a child who was abducted overnight in Bensenville was located.
Bensenville police received a call of an armed robbery at the bank at 123 W. Main St. on Monday morning.
A standoff between a gunman in police in west suburban Bensenville — which prompted officials to place four nearby schools on lockdown — ended peacefully Tuesday afternoon when a 36-year-old man was arrested.
A teacher at Niles North High School in Skokie has resigned after being charged with sexual misconduct.
A Bensenville-based group wants to provide service dogs to wounded veterans. But some may find the breed of dog they’re training to be surprising.
Some families are complaining about the way the city is removing bodies from a suburban cemetery to pave the way for the further expansion of O’Hare International Airport.
It’s quite a day today for one sports team at Fenton High School in Bensenville.
An Illinois Supreme Court decision clears the way for the City of Chicago to move ahead with the controversial O’Hare expansion project.
A small group gathered at St. Johannes Cemetery in Bensenville this morning for a final Veterans’ Day observance.
A bank was robbed Saturday morning in west suburban Bensenville, police said.
The Illinois Supreme Court has issued a roadblock to the expansion of O’Hare International Airport, by temporarily blocking the removal of bodies from graves in a cemetery in the path of the work.
- Board Votes To Close 49 Chicago Elementary SchoolsThe Chicago Board of Education on Wednesday voted to close 49 elementary schools, in what is believed to be the biggest single mass shutdown of schools in U.S. history.4639
- Lockdown Lifted At Morton West High SchoolMorton West High School has been placed on lock down for precautionary reasons after an unknown individual entered the building.558
- Former Glenbard East Student Accused Of Planning Columbine-Type AttackA 19-year-old former student at Glenbard East High School in Lombard was in custody on Wednesday, accused of planning a "Columbine-style" attack on the school, with a list of people he wanted to target.561
- Woman Robs North Side BankA woman robbed a Lakeview bank Tuesday afternoon on the city’s North Side.262
- Four Schools To Be Spared From Closing; Another To Be DelayedHours before a final vote by the Chicago Board of Education, Chicago Public Schools officials have agreed to back off of plans to close four of the 53 elementary schools targeted for closing at the end of the school year, Board Vice President Jesse Ruiz confirmed Wednesday morning.415
- Boy, 17, Fatally Shot In Back Of The YardsA teenage boy was fatally shot in the South Side Back of the Yards neighborhood Tuesday evening, police said.147
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!