Brandon Quiroz was supposed to graduate from high school on Saturday, but now he’s not sure if there’s a ceremony.
Morton West High School has been placed on lock down for precautionary reasons after an unknown individual entered the building.
The so-called “Bully Bandit,” who is suspected of robbing as many as eight banks since late November, struck again Monday morning when he hit a west suburban Chase bank branch.
Early voting has begun for the February 26 special election to fill the seat of resigned Congressman Jesse Jackson Jr, but WBBM Political Editor Craig Dellimore reports it’s not the only seat up for grabs in the Chicago area.
About 10 minutes after firefighters arrived, crews pulled James Brelowski out of the home. He was unresponsive, and was pronounced dead at a local hospital a short time later.
Ready to go country? For longtime fans and those just getting into the genre, the Chicagoland area offers numerous country western-themed bars and nightclubs. Use the following bars to saddle up, round up your friends and get ready to hit the town.
CHICAGO (CBS) — One more station has closed and another is reopening after getting a face-lift on the CTA’s Red Line. The Argyle station reopened at 10 p.m. Friday, and is the fourth to reopen […]
The Chicago Transit Authority has launched a search for artists who will spruce up and bring some expression to seven Red Line stops along the north lakefront.
Police in west suburban Berwyn shot and killed a couple of pit bulls Thursday morning, after one of them went after a woman and her small dog.
The busy intersection of Cermak Road and Harlem Avenue was awash in mud Monday morning, after a water main broke beneath the pavement.
Foul odors prompted someone to call in a complaint about a Berwyn home, where officials found animal hoarding conditions.
A car slammed into a semi-trailer truck in Berwyn early Friday, causing the truck to spill its diesel fuel all over the roadway.
A Cook County jury deliberated for about four hours before convicting Ricardo Arze, 53, of Berwyn, of criminal sexual assault.
The Chicago Transit Authority is set to begin a major overhaul of seven stations on the heavily-traveled Red Line ‘L,’ in the Rogers Park, Edgewater and Uptown neighborhoods.
A member of the J. Sterling Morton High School District school board in the near western suburbs may be forced to resign.
You’ve heard curiosity killed the cat. In this case, curiosity actually saved one.
A cat from Berwyn has been spared, despite an order in the will of her deceased owner.
Two Chicago police officers were injured Wednesday while responding to a fatal shooting on the Little Village neighborhood, on the city’s southwest side.
Get ready for eight months of delays on the Red Line and Purple Line Express.
Dramatic rescues saved lives in Berwyn early Wednesday, when a fire broke out and spread to two neighboring houses.
- Two Charged With River North BurglariesTwo people have been charged with burglary in connection with a spate of robberies this month in the River North neighborhood.98
- Portage Theater Closed For NowThe 93-year-old landmark theater at 4050 N. Milwaukee Ave. was shut down on Friday after Ald. John Arena (45th) blocked Carranza’s application for a liquor license, according to Carranza.90
- Man Shot And Killed Inside Hyde Park HomeA murder in Hyde Park, just blocks away from President Barack Obama's home.213
- Noise From Music Fest At Chicagoland Speedway Has Neighbors Up In ArmsMost of the complaints seem to be coming from the east of the Chicagoland Speedway in new Lenox, Frankfort and Mokena as grandstands protect the other three sides.127
- Roseland Hospital Cuts Staff, Salaries To Keep Doors OpenAs it waits to hear if it’ll receive a $7 million bailout to stay open, Roseland Community Hospital laid off almost 70 employees, and other hospital employees will take a pay cut.89
- Rev. Jackson: School Closings UndemocraticOpponents of Chicago school closures are vowing to fight on, but they appear to have little chance of reversing the mayor's agenda... unless a federal judge steps in, reports WBBM's Mike Krauser.90
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!