If you can get past the TVs and packed sports nights, Hop Haus makes a mean burger. In fact, they make many mean burgers with their cadre of meats and toppings. BUT, how do these burgers measure up to all the other burger bars in the city? Let’s find out…
Regardless of the company Paradise Pup attracts (Guy Fieri seems to like them), it’s one of the best fast food joints in… existence. But are their burgers some of the best in the Chicago(land) area? I think I know just the gluttonous martyr to find out.
The first thing the bartender asked me after I walked into Owen & Engine was if I wanted the Tuesday burger special: a burger, beer and shot of bourbon. It’s as if he looked into my soul and instantly knew I was both a glutton and an alcoholic at the same time…
Last time I went to Kuma’s, I was in immense jaw pain. To even open my mouth sent torturous fissures throughout my body. Eating a gigantic bar burger seems insane when you’re under this kind of pain. But that’s exactly what I did.Kuma’s is that good. But are they the best?
Nestled between Ukrainian Village and Humboldt Park, Lockdown Bar & Grill is a solid burger bar with some solid specials and some solid(ly loud) metal music. Solid or not, they’ve got a lot of tough competition in a city like Chicago that’s filled with bars serving great burgers. Below, you’ll find out how they compare. But! Before I judge them with my piercing, unprofessional, slightly creepy gaze, I should lay out what I’m looking for…
- Mother Of Student Pushed Down School Stairs ‘Enraged’ At Security GuardNew video surfaced Friday that appears to show sophomore Lauren Goodlow being pushed by a male security guard. CBS 2's Dorothy Tucker reports.329
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.220
- Two Shot Near Roosevelt CTA StationAround 11:10 a.m., a 57-year-old man and a 30-year-old man were shot in the 1100 block of South State Street.256
- Store Owner Kidnapped In Pilsen, SUV StolenPolice said the 78-year-old man was closing the store in the 1100 block of West 18th Street when a group of men threw a pillowcase over his head, hit him in the face, and forced him into his own SUV.248
- Man Found Shot To Death In Zion Supermarket Parking LotThe man found shot to death in a parking in north suburban Zion on Thursday afternoon has been identified as a Waukegan resident.152
- School Warns Parents Of Kidnapping Attempt On PlaygroundA man tried to abduct a 4th grader from the playground at Alexander Graham Bell Elementary School at 3730 N Oakley Ave on Wednesday.150
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!