Former Cicero town president Betty Loren Maltese is suffering from a new legal headache.
With all that’s happening in Chicago, like the NATO summit and Mayor Rahm Emanuel running the city, it’s hard sometimes to keep up on the suburbs; like Cicero, and news there about money under the table, and clout beyond belief.
Some well-known figures who were imprisoned for political corruption have sobering advice for ex-Gov. Rod Blagojevich as he prepares to spend 14 years behind federal bars.
Federal agents found an unregistered gun in the Las Vegas home of former Cicero Town President Betty Loren-Maltese – a development that could be problematic given that she is on parole.
Over the holiday weekend, former Cicero Town President Betty Loren-Maltese sold much of her belongings at a yard sale. Next, she’ll try to sell a book to help pay her bills and some of the restitution she still owes the government from her 2006 corruption conviction.
The former Cicero town president is holding a garage sale this weekend and is letting the public have a crack at her shoe collection. Sorry, her clown figurines were scooped up early, CBS 2′s Susan Carlson reports.
The home once owned by former Cicero Town President Betty Loren-Maltese has been sold in a federal foreclosure auction for a mere $87,000.
A piece of the storied history of corruption in west suburban Cicero can now be yours.
It has only been one year since former Cicero town president Betty Loren-Maltese returned to the Chicago area after serving a seven year sentence in a California prison and now hopes to get her conviction overturned.
One of the Chicago area’s true characters may be getting her own TV show.
- BREAKING: Jury Sides With Donald Trump In Condo Dispute With Woman, 87A federal jury has sided with developer Donald Trump -- not the 87-year-old woman who says she was cheated financially after buying two condominiums at his Trump Tower project.1056
- Employee At Dunbar High Suspended After Pushing Student Down StairsAn employee at a public high school in the Bronzeville neighborhood has been taken off the job after being recorded on cell phone video pushing a girl down a set of stairs.408
- Concealed Carry Bill Moves To House Floor, But Senate ObjectsA concealed-carry gun deal brokered by House Speaker Michael Madigan cleared a House committee Thursday, but its prospects were unclear across the Capitol in the Senate because of the way it would curb existing local gun laws.165
- Four Hurt In Wrong-Way Crash On Chicago SkywayA 25-year-old man has been cited for driving the wrong way on the Chicago Skyway, after a head-on crash with a pickup truck Thursday morning that sent four people to hospitals.232
- Student Pulled Over And Robbed By Phony Police OfficerA man driving an unmarked white Ford Crown Victoria with interior flashing red and blue lights pulled the student over near Ballard and Bender roads in Des Plaines as she was driving to school around 7:30 a.m. on May 20.340
- Census Data: Chicago Slowest Growing Big City In U.S.Chicago gained nearly 10,000 people from July 2011 to July 2012, but was the slowest-growing major city in the country according to U.S. Census Bureau estimates released Thursday.130
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!