The Chicago Fire Department says two men were critically burned as they worked on a car this afternoon in the Beverly neighborhood.
For Lynn Sapp, ice cream is the family business.
As the bagpipes, marching bands and fire trucks rolled down Western Avenue, the biggest crowds were near the start of the route at 103rd and Western.
Nearly 70 people lost everything this past weekend, when an extra-alarm fire ripped through their condo building in the Morgan Park neighborhood.
A Chicago firefighter suffered a heart attack and died late Sunday after he returned to quarters after helping to put out a small fire in the South Side Beverly neighborhood.
The head of a powerful City Council committee was speaking out Tuesday, in support of Soft Sheen Products founder Edward Gardner, who has led a pair of protests over minority hiring for construction work.
Legendary South Side business owner Ed Gardner on Sunday was once again protesting the lack of black workers on local construction crews, leading about 1,000 demonstrators supporting his cause.
The 87-year old founder and former owner of Soft Sheen Products led a pair of protests in the Beverly neighborhood and Evergreen Park on Monday, over the lack of black workers on local construction crews.
More than 200 local residents, fed up with what they perceive to be dangerous gang-related funeral processions rolling through their Beverly and Mount Greenwood communities, were staged a silent protest Saturday afternoon.
Police are investigating the death of a man who died a day after being found having a seizure in a Beverly neighborhood alley, and was only later discovered to have a bullet in his head.
A man was fatally shot Tuesday evening in the South Side Beverly neighborhood.
After popular demand, a South Side tradition has returned. The South Side Irish Parade kicked off Sunday morning, after a two-year hiatus.
City Hall is apologizing. Parking tickets issued during Friday’s funeral procession for a Marine from Beverly have been voided.
Outside the Beverly Bakery, the “No Parking” signs are already posted. The chefs are roasting veggies for Guinness stew, and they’ve already cooked up amaretto cupcakes, CBS 2′s Derrick Blakley reports.
A fallen American hero arrived home in the West Beverly neighborhood Friday morning, after a procession from Midway International Airport.
Mayor Rahm Emanuel said Thursday he hopes the organizers of the South Side Irish Parade have taken the last three years to think about how to resume the parade, while making sure to avoid the alcohol-fueled mayhem that prompted the Beverly neighborhood to put a stop to the event after 2009.
A man was found shot to death in a suspected suicide early Tuesday, near the scene of a fire that broke out in a house in the Beverly neighborhood.
An African-American teenager says he was attacked, strangled with a noose and racially taunted by three white youths because of his relationship with a suspect’s family member.
Nearly three years after it was scrapped because it had morphed into a beer-drenched, arrest-filled nightmare for Southwest Side neighborhoods, the South Side Irish St. Patrick’s Day Parade appears to be coming back.
At least six people were taken to the hospital early Monday from a home on the northern edge of the Beverly neighborhood.
- Natura Pet Issues New Dog And Cat Food RecallNebraska-based Natura Pet Products has announced a new voluntary recall of multiple brands of dry pet food and treats. The decision comes after a positive test for Salmonella on April 3.4003
- Bakery Blunder Makes ‘Cat Cake’ A Viral SensationOf all the cat memes on the Internet, this one takes the cake.900
- Search Dog Tracks Missing Student To LakefrontVolunteers, friends and family were out in force Tuesday morning, resuming the search for a missing University of Chicago student.586
- Initial Tests ID Glittery Substance Along BeachIndiana environmental officials were investigating whether a Porter County manufacturer was responsible for a slick of glittery material that kept many swimmers out of Porter Beach on Monday.1095
- Weekend Death Toll Rises To 8 After Two Men Die Of Gunshot InjuriesTwo men critically wounded in weekend shootings died Monday, raising the death toll for 2013’s most violent weekend to eight. At least 39 other people were wounded in shootings across the city, authorities said.163
- Mystery Substance Prompts Closure Of Indiana BeachSwimmers have been ordered out of Lake Michigan at Porter Beach because of a substance in the water. WBBM's Nancy Harty has more.6566
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!