The device is called the BikeSpike, and it’s designed to make it easier to find a bicycle when it’s stolen, by showing its location on a map on your computer or smart phone.
Robert O’Leary, 50, was charged with nine counts of felony aggravated battery and one count of misdemeanor aggravated assault for the Dec. 21 incident at the Lake Forest Metra station.
A 68-year-old man died Friday morning, a day after he struck a vehicle while riding his bicycle in the Bridgeport.
A Naperville man has a date in court, facing charges in connection with a case of apparent bicycle rage.
The victim was taken in good condition to Northwestern Memorial Hospital with a gunshot wound in the leg.
A woman was killed in a hit-and-run accident on the South Side.
An Evanston pastor has threatened to sue police in north suburban Glencoe, accusing one of its officers of racial profiling.
Jamal Lockett was fatally shot in the South Shore neighborhood on Saturday. CBS 2’s Roseanne Tellez reports.
A 13-year-old boy was killed Wednesday evening when he was struck by a vehicle while riding his bike in the far north suburbs.
Police continue to investigate a tragic accident that killed an 8-year-old boy riding his bike in Skokie.
Mayor Rahm Emanuel wants the city to hire an Oregon-based company to run the city’s first large-scale bike sharing program, which proposed at the City Council meeting Wednesday.
Police in Naperville are asking for help as they investigate what they’re calling a suspicious incident.
An 81-year-old Evanston man is dead, after he was hit by a CTA bus while riding his bike earlier this week.
A driver and a bicyclist were seriously hurt overnight when a car slammed into the center median strip and flipped over on busy Madison Street.
Authorities have slapped murder charges against an 18-year-old Ford Heights man who allegedly beat a bicyclist who later died of his injuries, the Cook County Sheriff’s Office announced Monday.
A 12-year-old girl was hospitalized with a minor leg injury after being knocked from her bike by a car Saturday afternoon in west suburban Naperville.
Police are searching for a sport-utility vehicle whose driver hit and killed a little girl riding a bicycle, then sped off on the city’s Southwest Side.
An 8-year-old girl was critically injured when she was struck by a car while riding a bicycle in northwest suburban Crystal Lake.
The state of Illinois will now begin tracking so called “dooring” crashes involving bicyclists and opened doors from parked cars.
- Mount Prospect Man Falls To Death From Albany Park RoofA Mount Prospect man fell to his death from a roof in Albany Park Friday afternoon.110
- 3 Dead, 8 Hurt In Shootings Since Friday NightThe most recent fatal shooting happened about 1:50 a.m. Saturday in the Hyde Park community, roughly half a mile from President Barack Obama’s home in neighboring Kenwood.198
- Some People You Should Know: The MelodeersIt all began when barbershop patrons started singing while waiting to get their hair cut. A century or so later, the Melodeers chorus is taking the music to a dazzling new height with 140 ladies singing in unaccompanied four-part harmony. CBS 2's Harry Porterfield reports.155
- Mother Of Student Pushed Down School Stairs ‘Enraged’ At Security GuardNew video surfaced Friday that appears to show sophomore Lauren Goodlow being pushed by a male security guard. CBS 2's Dorothy Tucker reports.329
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.220
- Two Shot Near Roosevelt CTA StationAround 11:10 a.m., a 57-year-old man and a 30-year-old man were shot in the 1100 block of South State Street.256
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!