Jim Larranaga’s team has had a banner season, but they’ll likely have to beat Duke for a second time this season — this time with Ryan Kelly — to reinforce their potential to go deep in the NCAA Tournament.
Kansas State and Kansas tied for the regular-season Big 12 title, but that doesn’t mean they feel very good about themselves entering the league tournament.
College football seems to just keep getting bigger.
West Virginia University announced Tuesday it has settled a lawsuit with the Big East for an unspecified amount, clearing the way for the conference power Mountaineers to join the Big 12 in July in time for the fall football season.
The Big 12 on Friday invited West Virginia to join the league next season, giving the conference a replacement for Missouri and dealing another setback to the beleaguered Big East.
West Virginia appeared to be the choice of the Big 12 presidents after a Monday board of directors’ meeting, but now Big East rival Louisville is back in the picture.
LSU, Alabama, Oklahoma and Oklahoma State hold the top four spots in the first BCS standings, setting up two potentially huge conference games that could determine which teams play for the national title.
Leaders of the Big 12 Conference have cleared the way to make TCU its 10th member.
The Big 12 is crumbling. Big East powers are fleeing to the ACC. And practically every American outside the 305 area code (that’s Miami) carries a personal vendetta against LeBron James. And for all of it, I put the blame on ESPN.
Over the past dozen years, Oklahoma and Texas have teamed up to turn the Big 12 into one of the nation’s foremost college conferences, winning two national championships and playing for the title a half dozen times.
The Southeastern Conference says it has accepted Texas A&M’s application to the league, but the move is being held up because a Big 12 school has threatened legal action if the Aggies leave.
Texas A&M dealt a blow to the Big 12 Conference on Wednesday, saying it plans to leave by July 2012 if it is accepted by the SEC or another league.
According to tax records recently acquired by the Associated Press, four of college football’s top conferences pay their commissioners $1 million or more, far exceeding the salary of most university presidents.
- Police: Man Killed In Jump From Gold Coast BuildingA man jumped to his death early Tuesday from the Gold Coast high-rise building where he lived, authorities said.303
- Police: Man Touches Woman’s Leg At South Loop CTA StationPolice are looking for man who inappropriately touched a woman at a South Loop CTA station Tuesday morning.147
- Rapper Chief Keef Arrested In Georgia Hotel After Staff Smells MarijuanaChicago rapper Chief Keef makes no secret of his fondness for marijuana. The staff at the swanky LeMeridien Atlanta Perimeter hotel doesn’t share that fondness.144
- Florida Man Pleads Guilty In Fatal Stabbing Of Bears FanA Florida man has pleaded guilty to fatally stabbing a Bears fan who traveled to Jacksonville to see the Bears take on the Jaguars in October.619
- Man Critically Hurt In Jump From 3rd Floor Of HospitalA man was critically injured after attempting to jump from the window of a hospital Tuesday in the South Side Englewood neighborhood.201
- History Of Tornadoes In Chicago AreaTwisters with that kind of force that flattened Moore, Okla., have hit the Chicago area in the past, and have been extremely deadly.593
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!