It took only 52 seconds for the New England Patriots to turn this into a laugher. That’s how long it took to score three touchdowns in the second quarter and thoroughly embarrass the bumbling New York Jets 49-19 on Thursday night.
In a mid-season player poll conducted by Sporting News, Jets head coach was voted the NFL’s most overrated coach.
Good luck, now, to that ravenous swarm that descended on Bourbonnais yesterday.
Here’s a look at our Top 10 going into the 2012 season with the key attributes of each man.
Why in God’s name would any team want Tim Tebow? And yes, I did that on purpose.
Eli Manning and the Giants one-upped Tom Brady and the Patriots again, coming back with a last-minute score to beat New England 21-17 Sunday night for New York’s fourth Super Bowl title.
By Dan Durkin- (CBS) And then there were two. The 2011 NFL season has come down to an epic clash of eastern seaboard supremacy, Boston vs. New York. Baked beans vs. bagels. Brady vs. Manning. […]
Individual matchups will likely capture this game and here are four from each side’s perspective that should determine who wins Super Bowl XLVI.
When you meet Belichick, you quickly realize that there’s much more to him than the dull monotone that often comes across in press conferences or media sessions.
Try criticizing Bill Belichick and it will have the same impact of throwing an old Twinkie at battleship. He won’t even notice and if he did he wouldn’t care.
Tom Brady has the New England Patriots back in the Super Bowl.
It’s been a nice few days for the Rationalists — the few of us that seem to exist at times — as veneers of myth were stripped away from polarizing storylines, and the truth exposed.
That gurgling sound coming from the shores of Lake Michigan? That’s Lovie Smith starting to drown. When you lose Jay Cutler and Matt Forte two weeks later, it’s an uphill battle for even the best coaches.
This one was a must-must, a necessary condition for continuing one’s emotional investment in a severely flawed Bears team, even if one may know better.
As the Bears head into a bye week, we couldn’t help but share with you some amusing quotes from the NFL season. Who said he was the best but didn’t want to say it? What did the Cowboys’ adviser have to say about the team’s $54,896 dinner? How did Jay Cutler feel about throwing four picks to DeAngelo Hall?
With the Packers’ loss last night to the New England Patriots, the Bears can now clinch the NFC North title, and a spot in the playoffs.
So the Bears are not as good as the Patriots. We probably knew that, at least those of us who expressed pessimism about their chances, even in mythically-advantageous weather.
The late Harold Coffin, a humor columnist for the Associated Press, once said, “envy is the art of counting the other fellow’s blessings instead of your own.”
The Bears are who they are. They trust their schemes and rely on their players to make plays. And when that combination works, the wins pile up.
- Man Charged With Sex Trafficking For Second Time In Cook CountyA man previously convicted of sex trafficking in Cook County has been charged again, this time for allegedly kidnapping a Minnesota woman and bringing her to Chicago to work in the sex trade.201
- Body Found In Lake Is Missing U Of C StudentAuthorities have confirmed the body found in Lake Michigan early Wednesday belonged to a University of Chicago student who has been missing for a week.692
- Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School ProblemsA day before the first set of school closings was set to begin, Chicago Teachers Union President Karen Lewis had some harsh words about how the Chicago Public Schools are funded and managed, blaming much of the district’s problems on racism.5989
- Man Shot To Death In South Suburban HomewoodNineteen-year-old Homewood resident Henry Kormoi died from at least one gunshot wound he suffered near home in the 1100 block of 187th Street.112
- State Discontinues Healthcare Funding For Disabled Stroke VictimUnconscionable. That's what a doctor calls a state decision to cut care funding for a patient.311
- Teen Says He Got E. Coli From Burrito At Lombard RestaurantA local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that's now the focus of an e coli outbreak.158
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!