Treasurer Maria Pappas has outed the towns, school districts and other taxing bodies with balance sheets that will make you cringe. CBS 2 Chief Correspondent Jay Levine reports.
With the heat wave and major storms, scammers are out in force looking to take advantage of unsuspecting customers.
Only three days remain in the Illinois General Assembly’s spring session. As WBBM Newsradio’s Alex Degman reports, those days should be busy.
The Cook County State’s Attorney has charged a hospital worker with paying her bills with credit cards stolen from cancer patients.
The turmoil at the University of Illinois that led to the resignation of the school president lasted three months, but it also left behind a stack of bills.
A Hinsdale church is on the hook for a $27,000 phone bill for calls made while the church was closed.
Experts say Illinois appears to be the worst state in the country when it comes to paying bills late.
The city of Chicago is owed $47 million in unpaid water bills. It’s a big number for a cash-strapped city. A Better Government Association study found that those who owe much of that money might not be who you expect.
Despite raising the Illinois income tax 66 percent and implementing spending restraints, the state still has $4 billion in unpaid bills.
The state of Illinois has a backlog of bills, and one lawmaker is outlining hopes of changing that.
Assuming that there is a 2011 NFL preseason, the Chicago Bears have officially released their expected opponents.
The state is more than $4.5 billion behind in payments to doctors, hospitals, school districts, universities and businesses, according to state Comptroller Judy Baar Topinka.
Peoples Gas customers may see a spike in their bills next year after the company asked the state to approve a 10% delivery charge increase for Chicago customers and a 3% hike for those in the northeastern suburbs.
What was supposed to be a budget overview at a Senate committee meeting Tuesday came up short, in the eyes of the intended audience.
The southwest suburb of Orland Park is looking at using plastic to pay its bills.
The Bears’ offense has been making tremendous strides over the past few games. Jay Cutler’s improvement has been most visible and it stems from a change in the Martz scheme.
Jay Cutler has all the talent to become an elite quarterback in the NFL. There was another former NFL quarterback who had all the skills, but Jeff George never lived up to his potential. And that’s exactly what Cutler is trying to avoid.
When the Bears traded for Jay Cutler he came to Chicago with expectations of being a great NFL quarterback. While he hasn’t reached that level yet, Jim Miller thinks it’s not only within his reach to be great, but also this Bears team.
The Bears had a much more balanced offense on Sunday, something many Bears fans have been hoping to see for some time now. Troy Aikman joined the Mully and Hanley Show to talk about what that balance means for the Bears.
The Bears got back on track with a 22-19 win over the Buffalo Bills. While there is still mixed reaction from Bears fans, Dan Hampton sees some important positives.
- Neighbor’s Dog Seriously Injures 9-Year-Old BoyA nephew of the dog owner was able to pull the animal off the boy, who suffered bites to his arms and legs.321
- Storms Likely On Monday Afternoon, EveningWarm, humid air over Chicago is likely to create some strong, isolated thunderstorms around the evening rush hour on Monday.431
- Three Teens Arrested After Large Fight On Lakefront On South SideThree teens were arrested on Sunday, after police broke up a large fight along the lakefront in the Jackson Park neighborhood.337
- Charred Body Found In Dumpster After Fire ExtinguishedAbout 11:05 p.m. firefighters were called to the 3100 block of North Kimball Avenue in the Avondale neighborhood after receiving a report of a dumpster blaze in a nearby alley.156
- 5 Dead, 18 Wounded In Weekend ViolenceFive people have been killed and at least 18 others wounded — including a 12-year-old boy left in critical condition — in shootings across the city since Friday night.7474
- Woman Disputes Story Of Chicago Cop Who Shot Her DogTensions are boiling over in the Norwood Park neighborhood on Chicago's Northwest Side where an off-duty Chicago police officer shot and killed a dog, reports WBBM's Nancy Harty.189
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!