Treasurer Maria Pappas has outed the towns, school districts and other taxing bodies with balance sheets that will make you cringe. CBS 2 Chief Correspondent Jay Levine reports.
With the heat wave and major storms, scammers are out in force looking to take advantage of unsuspecting customers.
Only three days remain in the Illinois General Assembly’s spring session. As WBBM Newsradio’s Alex Degman reports, those days should be busy.
The Cook County State’s Attorney has charged a hospital worker with paying her bills with credit cards stolen from cancer patients.
The turmoil at the University of Illinois that led to the resignation of the school president lasted three months, but it also left behind a stack of bills.
A Hinsdale church is on the hook for a $27,000 phone bill for calls made while the church was closed.
Experts say Illinois appears to be the worst state in the country when it comes to paying bills late.
The city of Chicago is owed $47 million in unpaid water bills. It’s a big number for a cash-strapped city. A Better Government Association study found that those who owe much of that money might not be who you expect.
Despite raising the Illinois income tax 66 percent and implementing spending restraints, the state still has $4 billion in unpaid bills.
The state of Illinois has a backlog of bills, and one lawmaker is outlining hopes of changing that.
Assuming that there is a 2011 NFL preseason, the Chicago Bears have officially released their expected opponents.
The state is more than $4.5 billion behind in payments to doctors, hospitals, school districts, universities and businesses, according to state Comptroller Judy Baar Topinka.
Peoples Gas customers may see a spike in their bills next year after the company asked the state to approve a 10% delivery charge increase for Chicago customers and a 3% hike for those in the northeastern suburbs.
What was supposed to be a budget overview at a Senate committee meeting Tuesday came up short, in the eyes of the intended audience.
The southwest suburb of Orland Park is looking at using plastic to pay its bills.
The Bears’ offense has been making tremendous strides over the past few games. Jay Cutler’s improvement has been most visible and it stems from a change in the Martz scheme.
Jay Cutler has all the talent to become an elite quarterback in the NFL. There was another former NFL quarterback who had all the skills, but Jeff George never lived up to his potential. And that’s exactly what Cutler is trying to avoid.
When the Bears traded for Jay Cutler he came to Chicago with expectations of being a great NFL quarterback. While he hasn’t reached that level yet, Jim Miller thinks it’s not only within his reach to be great, but also this Bears team.
The Bears had a much more balanced offense on Sunday, something many Bears fans have been hoping to see for some time now. Troy Aikman joined the Mully and Hanley Show to talk about what that balance means for the Bears.
The Bears got back on track with a 22-19 win over the Buffalo Bills. While there is still mixed reaction from Bears fans, Dan Hampton sees some important positives.
- Jail Inmate Charged With Previous Murder, Shooting In RobbinsA Cook County Jail inmate faces new charges in connection with a 2012 murder and a separate 2011 shooting in south suburban Robbins, the Cook County Sheriff’s office announced Saturday.60
- Teen Hurt In Little Village ShootingA 14-year-old boy was shot in the arm Saturday afternoon in the Southwest Side Little Village neighborhood.86
- Man Charged With Videotaping Women In Hospital WashroomA poorly secured cell phone in a west suburban hospital washroom that a man had allegedly set up to secretly videotape women in the toilet area was discovered by a woman when the phone fell to the washroom floor on Friday. She alerted police, who then arrested and charged a 49-year-old Franklin Park man with unlawful videotaping.156
- Young Man Shot Outside Old Orchard Shopping CenterA young man was wounded in a shooting in north suburban Skokie Friday night, outside the Old Orchard Shopping Center.227
- 3 Dead, 8 Shot In Citywide ViolenceThree men were killed and at least eight other people were wounded in violence around the city since Friday night.167
- Orange Line Service Resumes After Train-Pedestrian IncidentCTA commuters were temporarily stymied on the Orange Line during the Friday rush hour after a train fatally struck a man on the tracks.401
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!