A Chicago City Council Committee has given preliminary approval to nearly $33 million dollars in settlements of two high-profile cases of alleged police misconduct.
The city’s Law Department is proposing a $22.5 million settlement in a federal lawsuit filed by the family of a bipolar woman who was raped and nearly killed in 2006, after she was released from police custody in one of the city’s most dangerous neighborhoods in 2006.
Two Chicago congressmen reiterated their support for Jesse Jackson Jr. on Saturday, saying the former Illinois congressman is suffering greatly and needs time to get healthy before he can address the public.
The day after former U.S. Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr. resigned from Congress, things were quiet at the home of Jackson’s famous father. But Rev. Jesse Jackson Sr. did come out to talk to reporters on Thanksgiving.
Rev. Jesse Jackson said Wednesday that his son Jesse Jackson Jr.’s decision to resign from Congress has caused “a great sense of pain” for his family, but he said they’ve been encouraged by all the support they’ve received from the public.
Congressman Jesse Jackson Jr. has resigned from Congress, citing health reasons and an intensifying federal investigation into the use of his campaign funds.
Several members of Illinois’s congressional delegation have joined the growing chorus of voices pressuring U.S. Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr. (D-IL) to speak out about his ongoing medical and legal troubles.
There has been no official response from the Jackson family to the exclusive CBS 2 report that Congressman Jesse Jackson Jr. has been negotiating a plea deal with federal prosecutors that would lead to his resignation for health reasons and likely jail time. Reactions among his constituents on Saturday were mixed.
Despite ongoing health problems that have kept him out of action for months – and a pair of investigations hanging over his head – Democratic Congressman Jesse Jackson Jr. handily won re-election Tuesday against a trio of largely unknown challengers.
U.S. Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr.’s publicist says the ailing Illinois congressman has voted by absentee ballot.
The Mayo Clinic in Minnesota has provided a new update on their treatment of U.S. Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr. (D-IL), revealing the congressman is being treated for bipolar disorder.
- Woman Disputes Story Of Chicago Cop Who Shot Her DogTensions are boiling over in the Norwood Park neighborhood on Chicago's Northwest Side where an off-duty Chicago police officer shot and killed a dog, reports WBBM's Nancy Harty.189
- 3 Critically Hurt In Kennedy CrashThree people were critically injured in a crash on the Kennedy Expressway on the Northwest Side Sunday morning.271
- Woman Found Dead At O’HareA woman was found dead near a bus stop at O’Hare International Airport Saturday, authorities said.308
- Toddler Reunited With ParentsPolice on Sunday were looking for the parents or guardians of a little boy who was found in the West Side Douglas Park neighborhood.233
- A Dozen Illinoisans Come Within One Number Of $600M Powerball JackpotOne number in Saturday night’s Powerball drawing was the difference for a dozen Illinois players between being $10,000 richer and living the life of a multi-millionaire.404
- 12 Arrested After Youth ‘Flash Mobs’ Erupt On Michigan AvenueOne adult and 11 juveniles were arrested Saturday night after police responded to groups of teens running through traffic around North Michigan Avenue on the Gold Coast.410
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!
- Miller Lite ‘Take Me Out To The Ballpark’ Ticket Giveaway April 26, 2013Join The Score this summer at various locations throughout the Chicagoland area for your chance to win one of twenty pairs of tickets to a future White Sox game!