The Chicago Blackhawks have traded for the rights of defenseman Kirill Gotovets from the Tampa Bay Lightning, according to a team release. The Hawks will send forward Philippe Paradis to the Lightning.
Defenseman Michal Rozsival scored in the fifth round of shootout after Jonathan Toews also connected in the tiebreaker, and the Chicago Blackhawks pulled out a 3-2 win over the Nashville Predators on Monday.
A urine controlled video game? Now that’s what I call a “Game of Thrones,” a must-see LeBron James video bomb, Mr. T is on ice and Tiger Woods is causing more controversy. It’s all in this week’s That Thing You Missed.
In less than two minutes, the Chicago Blackhawks did all the damage they needed to do. And then they just kept scoring.
Sheldon Souray scored the go-ahead goal with 2:08 left, Jonas Hiller made 25 saves and the Anaheim Ducks defeated the Chicago Blackhawks 2-1 on Friday to end a four-game losing streak.
Dustin Brown converted his own rebound with 1:27 remaining, lifting the Los Angeles Kings to a 5-4 victory over the Chicago Blackhawks on Monday night.
Ray Emery stopped 17 shots to remain unbeaten this season, Patrick Kane had a goal and two assists, and Chicago held off Colorado 5-2 on Monday night in the first meeting since the Avalanche halted the Blackhawks’ record points streak.
Patrick Kane set up Johnny Oduya’s goal late in the second period and then got the decisive score in the shootout, leading the Chicago Blackhawks to a 2-1 victory over the Columbus Blue Jackets on Thursday night.
The Blackhawks have recalled forward Jimmy Hayes from Rockford and assigned defenseman Steve Montador to the Icehogs.
Sam Gagner scored two of Edmonton’s four goals in the first period and the Oilers beat Chicago 6-5 on Sunday night, sending the Blackhawks to their second consecutive loss after their record-breaking start.
The best start in NHL history is over. The Chicago Blawkhawks finally left the ice without a point.
Daniel Carcillo scored the tiebreaking goal with 49.3 seconds left in regulation and the Chicago Blackhawks won their 11th consecutive game, beating the Colorado Avalanche 3-2 on Wednesday night to extend the best start in NHL history.
Blackhawks President John McDonough understands the difference between history and trivia.
The Chicago Blackhawks set a franchise record with their 10th consecutive victory and extended their points streak to 29 games with a 5-3 win against the Minnesota Wild on Tuesday night.
Brent Seabrook scored on a 2-on-1 break at 3:23 of overtime and the Chicago Blackhawks extended their NHL-record, season-opening point streak to 21 games with a 4-3 win over the Columbus Blue Jackets on Friday night.
The deep fryers are on overdrive as the kitchen at Jimmy Green’s in the South Loop prepares for another big Blackhawks crowd.
Chicago Blackhawks goalie Corey Crawford, who just returned from an injury this week, has been removed after the first period against St. Louis.
Jonathan Toews scored twice, and Ray Emery and Corey Crawford combined on a shutout as the Chicago Blackhawks extended their NHL-record season-opening points streak to 20 games with a 3-0 win over the St. Louis Blues on Thursday night.
Everyone knows what the big picture is. But we’ve all been through enough sports badness to deserve enjoyment when a team is this good.
Marian Hossa scored 1:44 into overtime and the Chicago Blackhawks beat the Edmonton Oilers 3-2 on Monday night to stretch their NHL-record opening points streak to 19 games.
- Four Schools To Be Spared From Closing; Another To Be DelayedHours before a final vote by the Chicago Board of Education, Chicago Public Schools officials have agreed to back off of plans to close four of the 53 elementary schools targeted for closing at the end of the school year, Board Vice President Jesse Ruiz confirmed Wednesday morning.415
- Boy, 17, Fatally Shot In Back Of The YardsA teenage boy was fatally shot in the South Side Back of the Yards neighborhood Tuesday evening, police said.147
- Police: Man Killed In Jump From Gold Coast BuildingA man jumped to his death early Tuesday from the Gold Coast high-rise building where he lived, authorities said.303
- Police: Man Touches Woman’s Leg At South Loop CTA StationPolice are looking for man who inappropriately touched a woman at a South Loop CTA station Tuesday morning.147
- Rapper Chief Keef Arrested In Georgia Hotel After Staff Smells MarijuanaChicago rapper Chief Keef makes no secret of his fondness for marijuana. The staff at the swanky LeMeridien Atlanta Perimeter hotel doesn’t share that fondness.144
- Florida Man Pleads Guilty In Fatal Stabbing Of Bears FanA Florida man has pleaded guilty to fatally stabbing a Bears fan who traveled to Jacksonville to see the Bears take on the Jaguars in October.619
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!