One year after the high winds and snow from the blizzard of 2011 pummeled its service territory, Commonwealth Edison on Sunday announced a number of steps taken and investments made to enhance its storm response process.
Gov. Quinn on Monday sent a formal request to the White House asking that 60 counties be declared federal disaster areas to help local governments recover from the blizzard that impacted much of the state.
As a parent, would you feel comfortable knowing your kids were walking to school in the street, just inches from passing cars?
The City of Chicago Tuesday decided to give a pass to those caught by red light cameras during last week’s blizzard.
The family of a man fatally struck by a snow removal truck last week filed a lawsuit Monday against the City of Chicago and the truck driver.
The snow days are over, and it’s time for the City that Works to get moving again.
Leaders of a historic West Side church said they will rebuild after a piece of their history came tumbling down during the blizzard of 2011.
The blizzard is over, but conditions in Chicago are now miserable in another way.
Four Metra lines are running on modified schedules, and some Amtrak cancellations remain in place, as area transit agencies deal with the lingering effects of the 2011 Blizzard.
Conditions at both Chicago airports are improving Wednesday night after a blizzard forced airlines to cancel thousands of flights in and out of the city.
The city is telling motorist who abandoned their cars on Lake Shore Drive during the blizzard Tuesday or Wednesday to call 311 for the location of their towed vehicle.
Neither rain nor sleet can stop mail delivery — but 20 inches of snow will bring it to a halt.
State Police across northeastern Illinois continue to urge drivers to stay off area highways early Wednesday, while emergency crews brave blizzard conditions to reach stranded motorists.
The American Red Cross has opened ten shelters in the Chicago area to house stranded travelers and people displaced by Tuesday’s powerful blizzard.
As the Illinois Tollway battles the blizzard, officials are advising drivers to stay home Wednesday morning unless there is an emergency.
State Police are reporting that I-80 will soon be closed in the far south suburbs, from Morris west to Ottawa, because of “impassable” blizzard conditions.
The city is responding Tuesday night to multiple buildings damaged by the blizzard — including Wrigley Field, where a portion of the roof blew off.
Abandoned vehicles have slowed the city’s efforts to reopen Lake Shore Drive, which was closed Tuesday night because of poor driving conditions and numerous accidents.
Metra is canceling several trains due to the dangerous weather conditions.
As Chicago gets into the thick of the blizzard, 19,500 customers are left without power, Commonwealth Edison is reporting Tuesday evening.
- Should Indoor Sprinklers Be Mandatory For New Homes?Safety advocates say new construction should include indoor sprinklers to make homes more fireproof. CBS 2's Chris Martinez looks at both sides of the debate.149
- Cop Shoots Trucker In Parking Lot Of Merrillville, Ind. Planned ParenthoodA police-involved shooting occurred in the parking lot of a Planned Parenthood office in Merrillville, Ind. Monday afternoon.254
- 25 Years Ago, Laurie Dann Went On Deadly Rampage On North ShoreIt was 25 years ago today when a tragedy unfolded in Winnetka.246
- Neighbor’s Dog Seriously Injures 9-Year-Old BoyA nephew of the dog owner was able to pull the animal off the boy, who suffered bites to his arms and legs.321
- Storms Likely On Monday Afternoon, EveningWarm, humid air over Chicago is likely to create some strong, isolated thunderstorms around the evening rush hour on Monday.431
- Three Teens Arrested After Large Fight On Lakefront On South SideThree teens were arrested on Sunday, after police broke up a large fight along the lakefront in the Jackson Park neighborhood.337
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!