Service was halted for nearly an hour Friday morning on a section of the CTA Blue Line, after a body was found under a grate in the subway.
Five CTA employees got nauseous and were taken to a hospital Thursday morning following a minor diesel fuel spill at the O’Hare Blue Line station.
A man who reportedly threatened to blow up a Blue Line CTA train was detained briefly on Tuesday morning.
The CTA says it plans to upgrade its wireless network so passengers can use their cell phones even in its subways and going through tunnels.
A tire on the CTA Blue Line tracks on the Near West Side started a fire when it was struck by the lead car of an inbound train Saturday morning. The fire was quickly extinguished, no injuries were reported, but Blue Line train riders experienced delays for a few hours following the incident, as the fire was extinguished, the scene was cleaned up and the train removed.
Police say one of two robbers was accidentally stabbed by his partner as they tried to rob a man onboard a CTA Blue Line train early this morning.
Trains on the CTA’s Blue Line are experiencing delays early Tuesday because of a “track condition” near the Harlem station.
Police are investigating the death of a man whose body was found on a set of subway tracks along the Blue Line near the LaSalle Street station overnight.
A body was discovered on the L train tracks near the LaSalle Blue Line station early Monday, police said.
Blue Line service is experiencing major delays due to a “track condition” near Rosemont.
A man decided to ride his bicycle down the ramp that leads to the platform at a CTA Blue Line stop, and he ended up on the tracks.
A 28-year-old man is dead, after falling onto the tracks at the Forest Park Blue Line ‘L’ terminal Tuesday night.
Two Chicago men suspected of armed robbery were arrested early Monday following a foot chase across the Blue Line train tracks and the Eisenhower Expressway, police said.
Chicago police are searching for two gunmen who forced a woman off a Blue Line train and sexually assaulted her just two blocks from a Logan Square neighborhood police station last month.
Late night Red and Blue Line riders should allow extra travel time this week as construction is expected to cause minor delays.
Reports of the smell of smoke delayed Blue Line service Friday evening.
A vehicle somehow ended up on the CTA tracks near the Rosemont Blue Line station on Friday afternoon.
Equipment problems on the Forest Park branch of the CTA’s Blue Line have resulted in single-track service between the Harlem and Forest Park stations on that line Sunday morning.
The 14-year-old boy was “goofing around” with friends when he attempted to retrieve something that had fallen onto the Blue Line tracks at the Medical District station at 430 S. Damen Avenue about 3:15 p.m., police said.
It’s not unusual for the CTA to have to temporarily halt service on one of its trains because of an object or a person on the train tracks, but a live rooster? That’s what happened early Monday morning in the Logan Square neighborhood.
- History Of Tornadoes In Chicago AreaThe massive EF-4 tornado to hit Moore, Okla., is very rare, but twisters with that kind of force have hit the Chicago area in the past, and have been extremely deadly.471
- Local Storm Chaser Describes ‘Sickening, Deafening Roar’ Of Oklahoma TornadoA south suburban man whose hobby is chasing storms was in Moore, Okla., on Monday when a massive tornado devastated the town, killing at least 24 people.183
- High School Duo Has Never Missed A Day Of ClassThey say no one's perfect, but one school in the far southwestern suburbs has not just one, but two students who have achieved perfection in one area.136
- Deadly Oklahoma Tornado Serves As Reminder To Prepare For Disasters“Tornado sheltering basics involved three steps – get in, get down and cover-up. The overall goal is to avoid flying and falling debris by putting as many barriers between you and the tornado as possible,” according to one expert at the National Weather Service in Norman, Oklahoma.121
- Lightning Strikes Damage Two Homes OvernightAt least two homes in the Chicago area were struck by lightning overnight as heavy thunderstorms plowed through the region.198
- Police Seek Help Identifying Female Homicide VictimPolice are asking for help to identify the body of woman or teen girl found strangled and badly burned in a Northwest Side Avondale neighborhood Dumpster Sunday night.137
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!