Chicago bluesman Jimmy “Fast Fingers” Dawkins, known for his stellar guitar playing and mellow singing voice, has died. He was 76.
Defenseman Kevin Shattenkirk scored the deciding goal in the sixth round of the shootout and the St. Louis Blues came back for a 4-3 win over the Chicago Blackhawks on Thursday night.
Jonathan Toews scored twice, and Ray Emery and Corey Crawford combined on a shutout as the Chicago Blackhawks extended their NHL-record season-opening points streak to 20 games with a 3-0 win over the St. Louis Blues on Thursday night.
Mayor Emanuel has issued statement mourning the loss of bluesman Magic Slim, who did it his way against some long odds. WBBM’s John Cody has more.
Buddy Guy is part musician, part showman. He’s been performing for nearly 50 years, and you can still catch him at his South Loop nightclub. CBS 2′s Kate Sullivan reports.
He’s now amongst the very few, a Kennedy Center Honoree, the top honor for an artist in the country.
The city of Chicago sent bluesman Buddy Guy off in style to the Kennedy Center Awards–as Mayor Emanuel and a select group of bluesmen staged a 45-minute concert on the stage of Millennium Park’s Pritzker Pavilion.
Buddy Guy has influenced the likes of some of the most famous guitarists like Eric Clapton, Jimi Hendrix and Keith Richards but his early beginnings were simple growing up in Mississippi.
Block 37, the struggling retail mall at State and Dearborn, could one day host blues attractions, under one proposal to reboot the development. CBS 2′s Dorothy Tucker reports.
Summer time means it is time for the largest free blues festival in the world to once again take place in Chicago at Grant Park. Check out this year’s highlights and must-see performers.
The Underground Wonder Bar entertained customers for twenty-one-years before being destroyed for urban renewal last year. It’s back in a new River North location though and, despite a move, it’s holding up the same torch it’s always championed: a great, late night piano bar with good music and good people. Why not celebrate their grand re-opening this Sunday, December 18th?
Chicago has lost one of its last connections to the earliest days of the Delta blues.
The Chicago Blackhawks knocked off the St. Louis Blues and earned two points on Wednesday night. It was two points that the team desperately needed, but they still have a lot of work to do.
Patrick Sharp’s first game back with the Blackhawks since March 20th was quite a ride. The Hawks coughed up a goal in the first 17 seconds of play and played listless hockey throughout the rest […]
For maybe the first time all season, and definitely in a while, the Chicago Blackhawks looked like the Stanley Cup Champions from a season ago. And their two consecutive wins couldn’t have come at a better time.
The Chicago Blackhawks trailed the St. Louis Blues 2-0 after the first period. But four Blackhawks goals in the second period led to a big victory for the defending Stanley Cup Champions.
Patrick Kane has been officially activated from the Injured Reserve list and will play tonight when the Blackhawks take on the St. Louis Blues.
The Chicago Blackhawks have been playing some of their best hockey of the season and are riding a one of their longest winning streaks of the season.
The Blackhawks and Blues combined for 12 goals and three fights Tuesday night in what amounted to a 7-5 win for the Blackhawks. It’s the third straight win for the Hawks who have won six of their last eight.
Roman Polak broke a broke a third-period tie, and David Perron scored twice to help the St. Louis Blues beat the Chicago Blackhawks.
- Senate Passes Ban On Handheld Cell Phones While DrivingThe proposal says drivers must use hands-free devices or speakerphone features.127
- Three Stabbed On Northwest SideThree teenagers were stabbed in the Belmont Cragin area Thursday night on the Northwest Side.142
- Students Disciplined For ‘Sexting’ Incident At Evanston Township HighIn a letter to parents dated Thursday, District 202 Supt. Eric Witherspoon wrote that girls sent inappropriate photos to members of the varsity baseball team.265
- Cops Crack Down On Retailers Who Sell Stolen GoodsA new law in Illinois is allowing police and retailers to work together to crack down on organized retail theft. CBS 2's Mike Puccinelli reports.117
- Jury Sides With Donald Trump In Condo Dispute With Woman, 87A federal jury has sided with developer Donald Trump -- not the 87-year-old woman who says she was cheated financially after buying two condominiums at his Trump Tower project.1056
- VIDEO: Guard Allegedly Pushes Dunbar Student Down StairsAn employee at a public high school in the Bronzeville neighborhood has been taken off the job after being recorded on cell phone video pushing a girl down a set of stairs.408
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!