One of the nation’s bond rating agencies is out with another warning about the Chicago Public Schools system’s financial future.
A lawsuit has been filed in connection with the abuse of a 15-month-old girl by the nanny hired to look after the child.
Mayor Rahm Emanuel is reiterating his support for the city’s campaign asking homeowners to voluntarily install water meters.
A Cook County Sheriff’s deputy has filed a sexual harassment lawsuit against his employer, claiming that supervisors have done nothing to stop his co-workers from making his life miserable because he is gay.
The City of Chicago may be facing a budget deficit of as much as $369 million next year, and reports are now surfacing that Mayor Rahm Emanuel may be looking at raising some taxes to close the gap.
A south suburban school district has fired the guidance counselor and former basketball coach who wrote a book that some say crossed the line, sexually speaking.
Christopher Vaughn’s own blood stain expert agreed with prosecutors Tuesday that his analysis of what happened in Vaughn’s Ford Expedition five years ago doesn’t match the Oswego man’s story.
Some major upgrades may be in store at Midway International Airport.
A warning has been issued for Chicago dog owners about a rare disease that could leave their pet blind.
The West Aurora High School District is in trouble with the Illinois Department of Children and Family Services over an allegation involving a teacher.
The Illinois Dept of Children and Family Services is warning in a published report that budget cuts mandated by the General Assembly are going to have a severe impact.
The deadline is nearing for Gov. Pat Quinn to act on the state’s gambling expansion bill.
A proposal involving schools and guns is up for a vote in suburban Plainfield – and it actually involves bringing more guns to schools.
A suburban counterfeiting operation has been broken up.
The makeup of Mayor Rahm Emanuel’s security detail is the subject of a lawsuit.
A legal battle may be brewing between the U.S. Attorney’s office and the Chicago City Council Finance Committee.
An anti-crime pilot program involving the group CeaseFire and the Chicago Police Department appears to be moving ahead after a disagreement was resolved.
It has been about a year since Chicago police brass promised to wipe out the Maniac Latin Disciples street gang on the Northwest Side, and a published report says the campaign appears to be working.
The saga of Rod Blagojevich involved no shortage of the bizarre and the tawdry, but a book about the deposed and imprisoned governor set for release next month may top it all yet again.
Published reports say the girlfriend of the gunman who killed six people at a Sikh temple outside Milwaukee has now been arrested.
- Teen Hurt In Little Village ShootingA 14-year-old boy was shot in the arm Saturday afternoon in the Southwest Side Little Village neighborhood.86
- Man Charged With Videotaping Women In Hospital WashroomA poorly secured cell phone in a west suburban hospital washroom that a man had allegedly set up to secretly videotape women in the toilet area was discovered by a woman when the phone fell to the washroom floor on Friday. She alerted police, who then arrested and charged a 49-year-old Franklin Park man with unlawful videotaping.156
- Young Man Shot Outside Old Orchard Shopping CenterA young man was wounded in a shooting in north suburban Skokie Friday night, outside the Old Orchard Shopping Center.227
- 3 Dead, 8 Shot In Citywide ViolenceThree men were killed and at least eight other people were wounded in violence around the city since Friday night.167
- Orange Line Service Resumes After Train-Pedestrian IncidentCTA commuters were temporarily stymied on the Orange Line during the Friday rush hour after a train fatally struck a man on the tracks.401
- Illinois Senate Passes Medical Marijuana LegislationIllinois Gov. Pat Quinn must decide if he will sign a measure allowing the use of marijuana for medical purposes after the state Senate approved legislation on Friday.1238
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!