Beginning Wednesday, the Cook County Medical Examiner will post information about unidentified bodies, including, in some cases, photographs.
Published reports say the skeletal remains could have been buried among the weeds and burned out buildings for a couple of years.
The possibility that more victims of John Wayne Gacy could be buried on the Northwest Side has prompted the Cook County sheriff to push once again for a dig on private property.
After months of investigations into an overcrowding scandal at the Cook County morgue, the office is undergoing a major shakeup.
Eleven bodies that had been stockpiled at a suburban cemetery were put to rest Saturday under the supervision of the Cook County Sheriff’s Department. CBS 2′s Pam Zekman reports.
A Cook County spokeswoman says officials can’t figure out the reason the Medical Examiner’s office is still holding 15 of the bodies that have been in the morgue for 10 months or longer.
The Cook County Board has decided to slow down on taking away Cook County Medical Examiner Nancy Jones’ job-for-life status over the scandal involving bodies stacked on top of one another at the morgue.
Chicago pastors and other religious leaders are all heading to the Cook County Medical Examiner’s office Friday morning, demanding that officials clean up deplorable conditions inside.
Cook County Board President Toni Preckwinkle today will outline proposals for big changes at the Cook County Medical Examiner’s Office.
The Cook County Board President’s office says a staggering 44 bodies have been in the morgue cooler for 10 months or longer, awaiting burial.
Cook County Board President Toni Preckwinkle says there’s no question: If the county morgue had better management there wouldn’t be what sources say is a pileup of bodies there.
More details are emerging about the discovery of two murdered men during a real estate showing at a Sauk Village a house.
The remains of eight unidentified victims of John Wayne Gacy were secretly exhumed last spring.
The Cook County Morgue is once again double-stacking bodies on trays in its cooler.
The bodies of those who die in Cook County will now be donated to science if their families lack funds for burial.
Authorities have now identified both bodies found over Easter weekend buried in a pile of manure on a rural property in Gary, Ind. The victims had been shot.
Two unidentified bodies were discovered over the weekend in a manure pile at a Gary, Ind., horse farm.
Some families are complaining about the way the city is removing bodies from a suburban cemetery to pave the way for the further expansion of O’Hare International Airport.
Cook County Sheriff Tom Dart said Monday that archeologists have uncovered bodies and bones in an unused section of the historic Burr Oak Cemetery, in far greater numbers than previously believed.
For a third time, the celebrated “Body Worlds” exhibit is back at the Museum of Science and Industry.
- Teen Hurt In Little Village ShootingA 14-year-old boy was shot in the arm Saturday afternoon in the Southwest Side Little Village neighborhood.86
- Man Charged With Videotaping Women In Hospital WashroomA poorly secured cell phone in a west suburban hospital washroom that a man had allegedly set up to secretly videotape women in the toilet area was discovered by a woman when the phone fell to the washroom floor on Friday. She alerted police, who then arrested and charged a 49-year-old Franklin Park man with unlawful videotaping.156
- Young Man Shot Outside Old Orchard Shopping CenterA young man was wounded in a shooting in north suburban Skokie Friday night, outside the Old Orchard Shopping Center.227
- 3 Dead, 8 Shot In Citywide ViolenceThree men were killed and at least eight other people were wounded in violence around the city since Friday night.167
- Orange Line Service Resumes After Train-Pedestrian IncidentCTA commuters were temporarily stymied on the Orange Line during the Friday rush hour after a train fatally struck a man on the tracks.401
- Illinois Senate Passes Medical Marijuana LegislationIllinois Gov. Pat Quinn must decide if he will sign a measure allowing the use of marijuana for medical purposes after the state Senate approved legislation on Friday.1238
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!