Just days after Boeing’s Dreamliner jets returned to the skies, a broadcast report from Tokyo indicates there was a sensor problem with one of the replacement batteries in a 787 in the Japan Airlines fleet.
The planes, made by Chicago-based Boeing, are returning after being grounded for four months by the federal government because of smoldering batteries on 787s owned by other airlines.
A Boeing 787 operated by Ethiopian Airlines flew from Ethiopia to Kenya’s capital Saturday, the first commercial flight since air safety authorities grounded the Dreamliners after incidents with smoldering batteries on two different planes in January.
Boeing’s beleaguered 787 could be flying again within a week after federal officials approved a fix for its batteries, even though the root cause of a fire on one plane and smoke on another still isn’t known.
Anti-war activists targeted Boeing’s Chicago headquarters today protesting the company’s role in drone warfare, reports WBBM’s Mike Krauser.
A Boeing plan to redesign the 787 Dreamliner’s fire-plagued lithium-ion batteries won approval Tuesday from the Federal Aviation Administration, moving the cutting-edge planes a step closer to flying passengers again.
The Chicagoland area is ripe with opportunity for professionals with business degrees.
U.S. aviation officials said they have asked Boeing for a full operating history of the batteries on the 787s.
Do you have what it takes to be senior management? If so, now is the time to act.
The federal government grounded Boeing’s newest and most technologically advanced jetliner Wednesday, declaring that U.S. airlines cannot fly the 787 again until the risk of battery fires is addressed.
There are more problems for Chicago-based Boeing Co.’s 787 Dreamliner.
The two recent fuel leaks come in the wake of electrical panel issues in three other 787 jets in December.
Martha Carlos, spokeswoman for the Red Cross, has seen all kinds of non-cash donations, including stocks and bonds, unused gift cards and unused airline miles. CBS 2′s Dorothy Tucker reports.
Following reports of two fuel leaks on Boeing 787 Dreamliners operated by foreign airlines, the FAA has directed the Chicago-based company to inspect all 787s for airworthiness.
Boeing’s new 787 Dreamliner airplane will soon be flying over the skies of Chicago.
Chicago-based United Airlines has agreed to buy 150 new jets from another Chicago aviation giant — Boeing — in a deal with a list price worth nearly $15 billion.
As NATO officials were wrapping up their summit in Chicago, anti-NATO protesters marched to Boeing headquarters Monday morning before turning their attention to President Obama’s campaign headquarters on the other side of the Loop.
Activists planning anti-NATO protests, marches, concerts and counter-summits gathered Thursday at the headquarters of Occupy Chicago to discuss a week’s worth of events leading up to the NATO summit on May 20 and 21.
Tax Day is not a good day for me, or for millions of Americans like me, digging deep for the IRS — while hearing on the news that President Barack Obama’s digging shallow, paying just a 20% tax rate; and Mitt Romney’s hardly digging at all, paying a 14% percent rate on the $20 million he earned last year.
In the biggest order ever for a Chicago company, Boeing has finalized an order from Indonesian carrier Lion Air for 230 planes.
- Bakery Blunder Makes ‘Cat Cake’ A Viral SensationOf all the cat memes on the Internet, this one takes the cake.900
- Initial Tests ID Glittery Substance Along BeachIndiana environmental officials were investigating whether a Porter County manufacturer was responsible for a slick of glittery material that kept many swimmers out of Porter Beach on Monday.1095
- Weekend Death Toll Rises To 8 After Two Men Die Of Gunshot InjuriesTwo men critically wounded in weekend shootings died Monday, raising the death toll for 2013’s most violent weekend to eight. At least 39 other people were wounded in shootings across the city, authorities said.163
- Mystery Substance Prompts Closure Of Indiana BeachSwimmers have been ordered out of Lake Michigan at Porter Beach because of a substance in the water. WBBM's Nancy Harty has more.6566
- Man Dies After His Head Is Impaled On Fence During FightA man was murdered Sunday night by someone who struck him in the head, causing him to become impaled on a wrought iron fence in the South Side Burnside neighborhood.3601
- Indiana Woman Who Received Death Sentence At 16 Released From PrisonThe first taste of freedom in 27 years, that's what a 43-year-old woman from Gary, Indiana is enjoying tonight, after going to prison for murder. Roseanne Tellez reports, she has an unlikely supporter as she starts her new life: her victim's grandson.263
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Sonata Hybrid Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!